Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys convincing dealers to give out test rides on this bike?!
I've called every place within 100 miles of me to see if they had one, and what few did have some sure as hell weren't gonna be letting people test ride them. I'm pretty well set on getting one of these but I still need to ride one first! I guess my local dealers are just tight wads :mad:

·
Registered
354 Posts
BS every dealer gets a demo bike unless the laws are different in your state. Every dealer has a rep from yamaha i would find out who that person is and call them or call yamaha usa and ask if the dealers have to provide a test ride or are required to give one.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
That must depend on the dealer I guess. My dealer only got one FZ-09, which was marked as sold before it was on the floor for ten minutes... I had a deposit down back in June though. They're not able to get any more until the spring either, no demo bike for them, at least not yet.

I can understand why a dealer wouldn't want to give test rides on certain models though, like an R1 or the FZ. Just a lot of potential for a test ride to end badly. But of course, it's also the dealers loss if it costs them a sale.

You'll sure like the bike though... You don't need no dang test ride, as long as the ergonomics suit you :p

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I bought my dealers' demo/showroom bike before anyone had a chance to soil it! (I had an inside scoop that it had arrived... bonus if you work the transport company that delivered it! ;)) ... so now they have no display model over the winter and I have an FZ09 with 1600 Kms on it before winter!!! WOOT!!!! ... but I digress. ;) :D There is a very limited supply until the spring of 2014. The lucky few are the lucky few... some dealers need the cash flow, others... not so much. The other dealer here in NS still has a Graphite and a Rapid Red... while MY dealer (thank you so much!) chose to sell their demo/floor model to me... so there seems to be no specific "team orders" from Yamaha. Hope you find a friendly dealer! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
... Let's see.... (You ain't gonna like this) ;) .. Few months ago I went and started pestering the local dealer about the bike ... Every few weeks .. Asked about any info? Any brochures.... Anything? ... He got to recognise me!

2weeks ago I was in the shop on another matter .. He actually came over and said... 'Its here next Thursday ... When would you like to ride it? ' ... I rode it Tuesday just gone... :booty: ... Awesome fun! ... YT video going up this week .. And he invited me back to ride it again if I want ...

I even told him I can't buy one yet!! .. Maybe 6months minimum.... He said that's fine!! ... Lol ... I have been buying bits and pieces from the shop though... Drift ghost accessories .... Battery for current bike .... Chain lube ... He knows I am not a blow in ... He knows I have mates who ride .. Who also have mates who ride ... He knows I post on YT .. I said I would give him a plug too! ...

It's in the approach Lucas bro!! :cool:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Our local dealership got one, just a couple days prior to the first snow of the year. Not even the employees got to take it out. It's going to be the pristine showroom demo until spring when the other 7 in their allotment arrive.

I'm not sure what their policy was on other bikes? It all became moot when we got a huge dump of snow that will be around until the end of April.

·
Registered
96 Posts
BS every dealer gets a demo bike unless the laws are different in your state. Every dealer has a rep from yamaha i would find out who that person is and call them or call yamaha usa and ask if the dealers have to provide a test ride or are required to give one.
Only Yamaha Pro dealers get demo bikes.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Really i did not know that learn something knew today check

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
663 Posts
What the hell constitutes a "Pro" dealer? XD
I was wondering that myself. Does it have something to do with sales volume? We have just one dealer in town, and one about 20 miles away. It seems like they sell a lot of stuff. There are bunches of Yamaha outboard dealers, but not motorcycles. They are pretty straight forward guys, I suppose I can just ask them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That must depend on the dealer I guess. My dealer only got one FZ-09, which was marked as sold before it was on the floor for ten minutes... I had a deposit down back in June though. They're not able to get any more until the spring either, no demo bike for them, at least not yet.
Ditto

·
Registered
188 Posts
.... So I shouldn't mention this then?. ...

If I were to have the cash and/or finance capability right now.... 4week wait for the bike.... I asked ... '4 weeks from the importer/distributor?' .... No .... 4 weeks from Japan ...

Sometimes it's hard being Aussie eh! ;):booty:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts