Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to order afew things for my 09 and motostarz seems to have a good selections of parts.
How are they to deal with,fast shipping and parts in stock? The website doesnt give you good info if parts are in stock or not,so i am kinda skeptical!
Maybe it is better to call instead of online order?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've not been happy with them. They sent me the yoshimira fender kit for a Kawasaki not the fz09. I ordered blinkers which he told me they had all 4 in stock but only 2 came and I had to wait another week or so for the others. So I personally will not order from them anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I received my radiator guard nice and bent up from them because of their poor packaging. Their solution was to tell me to bend it back. I paid 120 dollars for it and that's the type of service you get from them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have ordered a ton of items from them and only had them send wrong item once and they fixed everything pretty quickly. I would have no problem ordering from them again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I received my radiator guard nice and bent up from them because of their poor packaging. Their solution was to tell me to bend it back. I paid 120 dollars for it and that's the type of service you get from them.
If your talking about the evo-tech rad guard, they come bent - it is for easier installation because of how it goes on - mine was same and I've seen another on as well - same

·
Registered
93 Posts
If your talking about the evo-tech rad guard, they come bent - it is for easier installation because of how it goes on - mine was same and I've seen another on as well - same
No, the mounting tabs were bent on mine. I was able to bend them back but one tab doesn't look uniform with the others.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
957 Posts
There are some horror stories over on the ZX6R owners forum about their customer service and not honoring their own return policy when the merchandise turns out to be incorrect/defective. I'd avoid. STG, revzilla, motorcyclesuperstore. That's it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had one order with them. Who ever did the packing could have done a better job.

One pack of blinkers were not tightly snug like the other pack. One of the blinkers from the loose package, out of the two sets, does not work correctly. Three of the LEDs out of twelve do not work. I got in touch with Motorstarz and they had forwarded my email to mfg and said mfg should/will contact me regarding replacement since blinkers are still under mfg warranty.

It has been about three days and I still have not heard from mfg. I will wait till next week to contact Motostarz again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had one order with them. Who ever did the packing could have done a better job.

One pack of blinkers were not tightly snug like the other pack. One of the blinkers from the loose package, out of the two sets, does not work correctly. Three of the LEDs out of twelve do not work. I got in touch with Motorstarz and they had forwarded my email to mfg and said mfg should/will contact me regarding replacement since blinkers are still under mfg warranty.

It has been about three days and I still have not heard from mfg. I will wait till next week to contact Motostarz again.
That's exactly what they told me. They asked me to take pictures of my radiator guard and they'll "forward it to the manufacture". The next day, they told me to bend it back to normal, like I'm suppose to know how its suppose to look originally.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i bought a driven fuel cap and they sent a gold one instead of red. thought i encountered an unlucky isolated incident but i guess not from reading this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i bought a driven fuel cap and they sent a gold one instead of red. thought i encountered an unlucky isolated incident but i guess not from reading this.
We sent this customer the wrong item (gold instead of red). We are happy to send this customer the correct one as long as the gold gas cap was in selling condition, but unfortunately the customer opened the cap to see if the item would match his bike. Correct we were wrong and made a mistake on his order but the customer knew it was not the correct one but still managed to open and install the cap. All we asked the customer was we would need the item back in selling condition not scratched or damaged.

With this customer we contacted our distributor to arrange for a replacement due to a malfunction in the LEDs, we were awaiting a reply and already got a decision for a replacement. We can't always get everything done within a day, all we ask for is a little bit of patience we are in it together.

In regards to this incident, we contacted this customer and indicated that the malfunction was due to manufacturing and we directed the customer to try bending the radiator guard and if it does not work then we will get him a replacement. The customer never replied back so we were brought to believe the problem was solved. If this customer came to us instead of posting false information we would have sent him a new one.

Note: If we are at fault we will try our best to solve the problem we just ask for your patience, we are trying our best.

Thank you
Tom

·
Registered
337 Posts
I purchased a couple items from them over the winter, zero issues with order and email notifications with tracking information were timely.

Think I picked up the R&G tidy tail and radiator guard from them.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
If this customer came to us instead of posting false information we would have sent him a new one.
Wow Tom,

At what school of customer service were you taught that it's a good idea to come onto a public forum and declare one of your customers to be a liar? shame.gif

As far as I can tell, he didn't lie about anything, and you actually confirmed his story... his radiator guard arrived bent and you told him to bend it back into shape.

At what point exactly did he post false information?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow Tom,

At what school of customer service were you taught that it's a good idea to come onto a public forum and declare one of your customers to be a liar? View attachment 6150

As far as I can tell, he didn't lie about anything, and you actually confirmed his story... his radiator guard arrived bent and you told him to bend it back into shape.

At what point exactly did he post false information?

Agreed....as I told tom by email i'll never buy from them again and this only confirms not to do so. I've bought a ton of moto stuff over the years and though i've seen mistakes from ppl on ebay i've never seen stuff like this from a legit vendor. imho this isnt the way to do business.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts