Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Amyone else notice their left leg around the shin getting a bit hot?
I wear textile pants with SMX5 WP boots and definately a lot hotter on the left leg , no isuse with the right.
In traffic it very pronounced obviously ok when moving.
We are still in the 22C (72F) over here as we go into winter, so will get better soon but wonder what it will be like when we hit summer.
Anyone noticed this?

·
Registered
962 Posts
There's a plastic guard on the right to keep your leg off of the case because it does get hot. The left case doesn't have a reason to be any hotter than the right. Either try to keep your leg off of it - or put something there as a standoff to keep your leg a little bit away from it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Have only ridden mine in cooler weather but did do a fair amount of stop and go, bike runs cool if you ask me. My RSV4 would literally cook your entire body while sitting still between the frame and hot air blowing off the motor it was an oven. Wearing the boots and pants is a good start, on a naked bike I do not think there will be much you can do to keep additional heat down since nothing is closed in.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I would think the left side should have a gaurd on it since the right side is only the clutch, but thats how they built it. Sounds like a new product idea.

But I've noticed the left side warmer, usually rest my leg on it when its cold outside.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have felt some heat coming from the left side in slow traffic. I am not talking about the left crankcase. could be that the wind was blowing from my right to my left but it was there. I think I had jeans on because it was 75 degrees when I left work so my leather overpants were in my saddlebags. We get a lot of 95-110 degree days here. My 1200c Harley's rear cylinder about cooked my right leg's thigh. I suspect this bike will run hot on a 95-100 degree day. We shall see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts