Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I saw the FZ-09 last fall and saw the reviews, I knew that the other company's would be forced to try and come up with a low priced alternative because at this price point, the FZ-09 was gonna sell like hot cakes.

Up first, in typical Honda watered down fashion is the CX-01 concept, unveiled yesterday.

How much you wanna bet that this comes to the US?? Probably with a 5 gallon storage compartment in the gas tank, 35 hp engine and flames. Probably at an MSRP of $7,499.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And yes, if you can't tell already, I have lost all respect for HONDA USA. They have lost their way and have lost touch with their American experienced riders. I fully expect this bike to be their answer to the FZ-09, it would fit into their latest offerings here in the US perfectly.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Pretty sure that is a tiny displacement bike...for the scooter based Indian market. Cheap POS, neat headlight though

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Over priced under powered. Although I do like the was the new vf800 and 650f look.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I dont think Honda or any of the other manufacturers shot at the fz09. For the performance and price its clear Yamaha shot in a direction the others were not even thinking of.

Kawasaki has a z800 in other markets. It looks liek a nice bike. To be fair, the weight is only like 1.25 fz09's. Price too, I'd imagine, or we'd see it here.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
It does appear to have ABS, as indicated by the sensor rings on both wheels. They also forgot to put a second brake disc up front.....haven't they heard that about 80% of your braking power comes from the front brake? Forks don't look like there is any adjustment for preload.....can't tell about anything else, but it's probably safe to say, if there is no preload adjustment, there probably isn't anything for comp. or rebound damping. Two exhaust exits on the right side.....my guess is a small displacement parallel twin. Rear tire is small....150/??/17........most likely this is NOT a competitor for the FZ09....more likely a 500cc naked standard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've never been a big fan of Honda, not that I don't like them just never moved me much. I would like this bike though if it were a big single. I like singles and have had a few which is a lot different than an FZ-09. I do like the hand guard turn signals, the horn button and the display in the front windscreen, I'll give them that.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I still hold on to a small displacement bike....300cc tops. Prove me wrong...again, it's designed for the Indian market

·
Registered
883 Posts
I still hold on to a small displacement bike....300cc tops. Prove me wrong...again, it's designed for the Indian market
Agreed. One of the pictures shows it's intended for, and probably fine for, the Indian market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts