Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out.

The public debut of Honda’s big dollar, MotoGP-derived RC213V-S V-4 superbike is expected this weekend at the Catalunya MotoGP race, but in the meantime, the following Japanese video has surfaced giving a good look at, and listen to, the new production machine. If we have readers who understand Japanese, perhaps you could provide some translation in the comments section below.
See and Hear Honda?s New RC213V-S Superbike in Japanese Video « MotorcycleDaily.com ? Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

RC213.jpg

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Considering their road bikes are also over-priced, the sticker price is no shocker. Never mind the Ducati Desmosedici cost less than this.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
over priced is a nice way of saying it. $184,000 - uh wow.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Reactions: Tigershark and beck

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Is it just me or does looking at the Honda line up make anyone else scratch their head and ask, WTF is up with Honda?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I was a die-hard Honda fan, holding Yamaha in second place for many many years, but Honda has seriously lost their way. When they ruined the VFR, I started thinking Yamaha again. The ergos, fit, and finish of everything on a Honda was unmatched, but their product offerings has hit the toilet. I went to trade my CBR954RR on a CBR1000R, rode the bike, came back and said no thank you. I liked my 954 better.

I don't want to own the RC213V-S, but I sure as shit would love to spend a day on the track with one.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Same here. My first dirt bike was a Honda and my first street bike was a Honda and I've lusted after an RC51 for years. I've been so close to buying one over the years and as recently as a couple weeks ago from a member here, but in the last what 5 years or more nothing. The NX700 or that other scooter looking thing that I'm not even going to waste the time to google, I mean come on, really?

Reactions: Obijack

·
Registered
218 Posts
$184,000 for a bike that only makes 101hp and 66lb-ft. If you want the "Sports Kit" you'll have to buy it from a third party since Honda can't legally sell it in the states. I thought this bike was super cool until they released the specs and price.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I saw a bike that looks like this one at the dealer. It was a 1000RR HRC that came with DOT race tires and Ohlins. But it was only 17 or 18K. Not 180K lol.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
:laughing6:

this is the funniest thing i've read all week. i think we all knew it was going to be very expensive, but how many of us expected it to be delivered to the u.s. with one of its testicles missing?

in the video, it even sounds like it has a bad cam chain tensioner. neat trick, what with its gear driven cams...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
They should not have made it a street bike. In typical Honda fashion they neuter it for the street. It's supposed to be an eyeball stretching race machine, and I'm sure it is once you PAY MORE to uncork it... the price doesn't bother me, it's a super elite machine, but for a street bike? Give me a break... It's a pure race bike. Lose the lights, starter, high power charging system, etc....

I'll take a 2015 BMW S1000RR instead, thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I saw a bike that looks like this one at the dealer. It was a 1000RR HRC that came with DOT race tires and Ohlins. But it was only 17 or 18K. Not 180K lol.
there is one of these for sale at the local shop i got my FZ at - they got it last year - it's still for sale - i think they want $15k now but it's still got a good bit of dust on it.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
It's a noise and emissions thing; no big deal, anyone who can afford this bike will immediately bring it back up to its full power anyway. The Internet is so outraged by this, what a tempest in a teapot...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts