Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have any experience with these.... ????

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've rented a PCX150 overseas for a month. It sets the bar for scooters in plushness and refinement. It's large for it's displacement with a very smooth engine. The automatic stop-start is nice. It can cruise at 6o mph all day and has room and power for two. What you save on gas will be paid to the dealer for maintenance here as there are about 45 minutes of plactics to remove before getting to the mechanicals.

·
Registered
884 Posts
No experience with the Genuine, but I agree with 1duckyboy the PCX150 is about as good as it gets among scooters. Fuel injected engine, which is nice. Although small by motorcycle standards, the 14 inch wheels are an improvement over the 12 and 13 inch wheels common on many other scooters.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've got a PCX150 and am very happy with it after a year or so. As other folk have said it's a comfortable runaround and has a lot of storage space under the seat. Depends what you want it for. I use mine for nipping down the shops and local errands like that.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've ridden both. Assuming the support network were the same (which they aren't, because you can get Honda parts and service in more places), I would still take the PCX because I liked the feel of the 14" wheels over the 12".

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
if it were me, strictly based on looks and it being a scooter - Honda Ruckus all the way. My buddy has 2 - modded to high hell (one he shipped to Chicago to drop a 250cc engine in it).

I took one of his out - it was a blast to ride and there are so many aftermarket parts out there to make them unique. Seems like a fun and relatively cheap tooling project. Obviously if all you care about is commuting with it than ignore my post :)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll add the Genuine Blur to the mix since its 220cc and has 13" wheels. That's the ticket!

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you want a yamaha maxiscooter ... the SMAX 155 is great if you do your own maintenance.
oil change is only one screw to drian and another to top up , same as the water change.
13" wheels, highway capable and good wind protection ~
Dump the stock kenda tires for stickier michelins and you are all set!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts