835 Posts
One too many cylinders.

Reactions: Horsman

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
So it looks like this Honda got the same tail treatment as our FZ09's did
what do you mean, the fender?

i believe there's a law (possibly federal) that requires the license plate to be behind the edge of the rear wheel. so any bike with a tail section that's small and short will have a fender like that, or a swingarm mounted fender like on the ducati diavel.

for example:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah futuristic looking exhaust look like crap. But I love a single sided swing arm and the rest of the bike. I bet it would be a fun bike.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the 50 lb license plate holder is what I was referring too...hehe

·
Registered
619 Posts
Twelve Grand...

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I test rode one a few years ago, compared the fz1n, speed triple and the cb1000r.
I thought the cb was the best of the bunch, felt like riding a box with a massive motor in it. It was a really well balanced bike.
Ended up buying a second hand speed triple, it was 5 grand cheaper.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Price was a big factor to me. But in those trim, the CB1K is a beauty! That single side swing arm is sweet. Very nice refined machine but just like the FZ1... the design is few year old and everyone cough up now with lighter and more hi tech machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
No thanks. Overpriced, overweight, and over designed. Actually, the basic designs not too bad, but they obviously didn't know when to stop designing and adding, plus the wheel design and the exhaust 'trim' are horrible-and that color scheme doesn't work for me...

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Price was a big factor to me. But in those trim, the CB1K is a beauty! That single side swing arm is sweet. Very nice refined machine but just like the FZ1... the design is few year old and everyone cough up now with lighter and more hi tech machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I crashed my gsxr 711 in 2009, it had 130hp, a lot of torque, and weighed about 185 kgs wet.
When I test rode the FZ1N (naked version, not the crappy half faired version) it felt like my 711, big bike, big grunty motor, but not really modern.
The speed trip had THAT motor, and some soul. The CB1000r was a bit bland, but has about 150HP, and is really, really well balanced. But since it was almost the same cost as the fully faired (and full powered) blade, it didn't really sell that well here in Aus.
The MT 09 has fixed the problems the honda had, not quite as polished, still a bit angry, still a monster motor, and a far better price.
Maybe after the reflash the MT will feel as bland as the honda?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I fail to see how Honda copied Yamaha considering this bike was out well over a year before the FZ09/MT09. I think the first time I saw one was in late 2012 or early 2013. If anything it's the other way around. Although I'd say neither copied the other. The only thing they have in common is being naked sport bikes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts