Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What a doofuss that guy is. No mention the Honda is made in Italy, handles better, and retains more value when selling. All he knows about bike reviews is fun and torque. Of course the MT-09 is better value and more fun to ride...but it's also very flawed and cheaply made. That's the last guy I'd ask about a bike review.

Also...the two bikes are two different categories and shouldn't be compared to each other. There are more criteria than just price.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Of course the MT-09 is better value and more fun to ride...but it's also very flawed and cheaply made.
Would love to know what magazine review you're basing this on.

I have 2000 miles on the bike and can say:

Very flawed? Ive had one issue with the bike that was fixed by 5 dollars worth of parts and 10 minutes of my time (cct) . Otherwise it runs like a dream.

Cheaply made? What's cheaply made? The suspension? It's undersprung for some but not cheaply made. And for the price point I knew I was going to upgrade this either way. Rest of the bike seems mighty solid to me.

Sent from my hot secretary, dictated but not read

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a doofuss that guy is. No mention the Honda is made in Italy, handles better, and retains more value when selling. All he knows about bike reviews is fun and torque. Of course the MT-09 is better value and more fun to ride...but it's also very flawed and cheaply made. That's the last guy I'd ask about a bike review.

Also...the two bikes are two different categories and shouldn't be compared to each other. There are more criteria than just price.
Ouch

This honda is not made in Italy ( it's made in SE Asia). You're thinking of the CB1000R; which is a fab bike!

Resale value? If you want that; there's only two brands..Beemers or Harley's

And if you're going to buy one of those - go German ....I'm sure the guy in the video would agree :)~

·
Registered
224 Posts
funny, i actually loved how the honda 500 looked and was looking to get one. but went with the fz for those very reasons.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
All the Honda Hornets...and 599's were made in Italy...including mine. Not sure why they would change to being made in SE Asia.....but maybe.

Edit....he was right...cb650f is made in Thailand.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I believe Honda moved the Gold Wing production back to Japan 2 or 3 years ago (maybe longer) and made the facility into an engine plant for Honda cars.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I actually LOVE the look of the Honda, but...

It's a heavy cuss, and it costs a bit more, and it's another inline 4...

Again, it looks very good, and looks high end (display etc)

But if I wanted a bike that heavy, I'd have kept my Triumph.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Are any Honda motorcycles made in the States now?
Bob.....unless things have changed (I don't keep up with it anymore since I don't sell motorcycles for a living any longer), pretty much most of the Honda ATV's are made in the U.S.A.......somewhere in South Carolina I believe.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The CB650F was the other new model that interested me when considering the FZ-09. Honda didn't import the CB650F to the United States, which made my decision extremely easy. No regrets, though. There's still nothing (at least in the US market) out there for which I would trade my FZ-09.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

Dude, I bet you can kill a fun party and clear out a room in a hurry.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I don't think these two bikes can really be compared. The FZ-09 is an outlier that doesn't fall into any established market segment due to its combination of price vs. performance, and what it has to sacrifice in other areas to achieve that ratio. The 650 market, however, is already well established. IMO, now that the SV650 has been replaced by the inferior SFV650, the bike to beat in that market segment is the Ninja 650R. I'm not confident that the Honda can compare to the 650R and I think that manufacturers who choose to go into this market with four cylinder powerplants rather than twins are kind of missing the mark a bit.

·
Registered
520 Posts

Two different categories of bike-correct
This guy holds little value to his reviews-correct
Fz09 being cheaply made- incorrect
(You seem to be judging the entire bike on the exhaust and suspension, those are the only 2 things i could see you holding ground in that argument... Even with that, suspension is perfect for me being 170lbs ... Anyone over 205lb may want to upgrade it, and with the price being what it is for the ammount of bike you get, difficult to call it cheaply made. It's a $9000+ bike for 7.2-7.7k ... Foundation and major aspects of the bike are quality goods sir.
I am not saying this as an impulsive buyer to the fz09 and bias view...
I'm saying this as a buyer who thoroughly evaluated multiple triple cylinder bikes including speed triple, street triple r, brutale ... And based off of quality for your buck i went with fz09.

·
Registered
128 Posts
:) Ya gotta hate it when you say ....

I can never get those minutes of my life back.

(or)

I feel stupider for having watched that.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
(You seem to be judging the entire bike on the exhaust and suspension, those are the only 2 things i could see you holding ground in that argument... Even with that, suspension is perfect for me being 170lbs ... Anyone over 205lb may want to upgrade it, and with the price being what it is for the ammount of bike you get, difficult to call it cheaply made. It's a $9000+ bike for 7.2-7.7k ... Foundation and major aspects of the bike are quality goods sir.
cd599's our resident hondafanboitroll, don't take him too seriously.

still, motorcycles are a very personal thing....a nice boring bike like the cbr650 is sure to appeal to some riders and not others, same as the 09.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts