Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my homemade GoPro mount... Been wanting a good, low angle GoPro mount.

I used the old reflector bracket off the stock tail assy. Chopped it up a bit. The stud on it worked just right for the tripod GoPro mount. Loctite and JB Welded it all up just to be safe. And sprayed some paint on it.

Mounted it to the radiator fan bracket bolt. There is a lip on the radiator right there that the bracket sits against so it cant slip. Loctite that bolt as well. Its very solid. Great camera angle as well with the wheel and forks!

There is some slight bounce in the camera while riding but very minor... I will get some footage up later this evening probably. I will try to figure out something to stabilize it a little better though.

But I am really happy with how it turned out!

Pics!

Camera mounted is before JB weld and paint. I will just leave the mount on the bike at all times, its really not in the way at all.

Attachments

Reactions: Davinci

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick video from my ride home from work. I need some decent editing software... windows movie maker then to youtube sucks the quality down...

Anyways.. little shake, not too bad though. Happy with it.

And a view from the seat. Does not stick out far at all.

0420151953.jpg

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's not bad at all, I might have to copy this
Yeah, its really not... I am going to use a very small bungee or tether for safety and use it to put a little pressure on it. It does not move at all with even the slightest bit of pressure.

Its very easy to use where it is at as well. I can see the lights so I know its recording and I can push the buttons with ease.

The bracket I used and chopped up is the one holding the round red reflectors on the oe tail as shown here...

14yamahaFZ09_3.jpg

I always save reflector brackets, licence plate brackets, etc... Never know when they will come in handy... :)

gopro has free video editing software that comes with it, download from their website
Thanks. Not sure how I forgot about that... Will give that a shot on next videos.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I moved the mount to,the right side of the bike.. It puts it closer to the radiator and now in front. So now it's got just the forks and wheel in the shot and not focusing on the black bar radiator side in the shot.

Also it is MUCH more stable now. I guess the way it lays on this side with the way the bracket is bent and the go pro mount is opposite.. More compact, closer together. Doesn't vibrate near as much.

0602152020~2.jpg 0602152021~2.jpg 0602152021a~2.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was going to recommend that you flip the bracket so the camera was slightly ahead of the radiator, but you beat me to it.

I'll be copying this for sure.

And the video soundtrack, :icon_thumleft:.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to recommend that you flip the bracket so the camera was slightly ahead of the radiator, but you beat me to it.

I'll be copying this for sure.

And the video soundtrack, :icon_thumleft:.
Yeah I'm not sure why I didn't think to do that in the first place... :) Much better now.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i bought the gopro rail mount for $15 and put it on my woodcraft frame slider for a similar result. Thing is solid and no vibration which is surprising. I'm looking for a new mount - i like the view the chest mount provides but it's a bitch to wear.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i bought the gopro rail mount for $15 and put it on my woodcraft frame slider for a similar result. Thing is solid and no vibration which is surprising. I'm looking for a new mount - i like the view the chest mount provides but it's a bitch to wear.
The low, fork/tire view is my favorite view.

I have never tried a chest mount, seems like too much work but like you said, its a cool view.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
fork pic.jpg

Here's the fork perspective with using the rail mount on a woodcraft slider. I can't for some reason upload the chest mount POV.

I like the fork looking angle but after awhile - it gets a bit old. I also got a nice rock hit the outside gopro cover because of how low it is.

Reactions: pbnut

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 17469

Here's the fork perspective with using the rail mount on a woodcraft slider. I can't for some reason upload the chest mount POV.

I like the fork looking angle but after awhile - it gets a bit old. I also got a nice rock hit the outside gopro cover because of how low it is.
That is a great pic! I have not done many stills for the fork mount.

Here are a couple of my best Gopro pics. Guess the mount. :)

gopr0192i.jpg gopr0307.jpg nf67.jpg yv57.jpg

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
wow great shots - i hav eno idea what that mount is but it looks awesome

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
wow great shots - i hav eno idea what that mount is but it looks awesome
Thanks.

Those are the "wife hanging off the bike with the camera", gopro mount. :joyous::cool:

Unfortunately she has decided not to ride anymore so I am stuck with fixed mounts again. Shame... she was a great camera woman!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
haha - that's awesome - she took great shots!

Reactions: JSP
1 - 15 of 15 Posts