Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all

I know people may not have heard of these or may have different opinions about the effective protection they offer, but I picked one up through a group buy on my local Moto forum so I thought I'd show it here. I hope I never need to use it!

I got it from SaferMoto in Reno. It's the mlv-c model and you can find the specs on their website. It's a little heavier than I expected but not uncomfortable over my regular gear.

Anyway just thought I'd share about these incase folks hadn't seen them before. The silver is reflective stuff from the flash. The vest can also be had in hi-viz yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's a very nice idea. Just make sure you remember to disconnect the lanyard BEFORE you get off the bike! My friend has one and forgot to do that at a rest area, BOOM the jacket inflated and scared to sh!t out of all of us!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't supposed to inflate under that condition and they have many videos showing that scenerio and it not inflating. I guess I'll find out as I almost never remember to unplug the heated gear and remember it only as I'm felling the plug yank out. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,344 Posts
Any more to report of this after having used it for nearly a year?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
also curious if it is reusable or if it inflates once that's it (like an airbag).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts