Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I really like their products, this is the exact line i'd buy, but I'm still torn between this one and the Akra carbon,
up here they're both around 1100 CAD taxe included (hindle is cheaper).
But the akra will get a good tune for 80 bucks...
Plenty of time to choose one, winter is here too and will stay for a few months. :(

Once had a hindle slip-on installed on my old ZX-7, wow that thing was screaming.

Is it the supersport baffle or the stealth one?

I'd really like to hear the difference between the two baffles to finally make my mind.

I'm jealous right now. :)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I like to see dyno charts. Peak HP is one thing, but only of value at WOT. Most riders want gains across the board, and a solid curve. I'd like to see the curve, not just claims about max HP, because that ignores where most riders ride their bikes.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice! Where did you get if from? I need to pull the trigger on this exhaust. Hindle makes nice stuff and is a Canadian company to boot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Canadian distributors are not listed on their website, email them for your nearest reseller.
Wish I had one more locally, the nearest is a 3.5 hour ride (one way), the other is 5 hours away.
Not a deal breaker but it's definitely in the ''cons'' column for me.

·
Registered
657 Posts
When you email Hindle for reseller info, they tell you to place an order with any dealer you like to deal with...

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I like to see dyno charts. Peak HP is one thing, but only of value at WOT. Most riders want gains across the board, and a solid curve. I'd like to see the curve, not just claims about max HP, because that ignores where most riders ride their bikes.
Yes they are dyno charts listed on the Hindle website, with dyno charts from a few other bikes.

DYNO CHARTS | Hindle Exhaust Systems | Aftermarket Motorcycle Exhaust Systems

Text Line Design Pattern Slope

Text Line Plot Design Pattern

The thing that interest me is the fact that they claim the bike is stock setup, no re-fueling or ECU flash. Which means your fuel mileage shouldn't suffer, and that is a big deal if you live somewhere that you don't have a gas station everywhere you look.

So it will be interesting to hear how they really work? I know on the Can-Am Spyder RS SM5, adding the Hindle and doing nothing else, made quite the difference in throttle response and overall feel of the beast. I wasn't about to shell out the bucks for a dyno test, when I could feel the difference.

Plus I will be the first to admit that I don't think a dyno run gives you the full and true picture. Yes you get numbers for that day, at that temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and altitude. But as soon as any of those numbers change, so do the readouts. I live somewhere that I already sit at 1,162 m (3,812 ft), and that number can change dramatically in just a few miles in any direction. For instance, this wee little hill just a few miles down the highway from me.

Motor vehicle Transport Road Sign Signage

Sure if you live somewhere nice and flat, close to sea level and the weather doesn't really change all that much (Steve). Then the dyno numbers might be showing you what you will get on a day to day basis. But for a lot of us who can ride in the mountains, is doing a dyno run just a waste of money???

Plus after seeing stuff like this, when they do a dyno run, then do an actual speed run. Do those dyno numbers mean anything outside the dyno shop?

Skip to the 21:35 mark to see what I mean. They did a Dyno run and picked up a 20hp gain on the dyno, but in a real life run, they only saw a 1 to 2 mph gain on the track. The most important thing dyno runs do not take into account, is wind drag at speed. So I am not a firm believer in dyno numbers which are in a controlled neutral environment. How it performs in your own back yard is what really counts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got mine from Blue Streak Racing. Took about 2 weeks and I had it at my door. Free shipping. $900.00 can. Different cans may be different price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did you get the CFS12225EV (stealth core) or the CFR12225EV (supersport) ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the supersport. It's got a 2.25 inch inlet and open all the way through. I assume the stealth core would neck down a bit inside like maybe 2"?
I believe this will perform much like Brock's system. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if their headers were Hindle.
If I had a heated garage they'd be on next weekend. -26 C this AM.:mad:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered mine thru Royal Distributing just call the parts counter tell them that they have to call Hindle and order it. Royal can ship to your door.
Can't remember but around a Grand.

Reactions: buck

·
Registered
657 Posts
I ordered mine thru Royal Distributing just call the parts counter tell them that they have to call Hindle and order it. Royal can ship to your door.
Can't remember but around a Grand.
Good call. I'm about 10min from Royal.

Reactions: fz9

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That torque curve has a pretty pronounced dip....
It could be the vertical scale they used makes it look worst than it really is or maybe bike they used or even the guy running the bike on their dyno?

The one that really surprised me is the Two Brothers Dyno results, theirs actually dipped below the stock exhaust at the 4,250 to 4,600 rpm range.

Two Brothers Racing :: Yamaha FZ-09 Exhaust Systems

I still don't put a lot of faith in dyno test results, when was the dyno last calibrated? how accurate is the dyno? and the big one, what were the conditions when they did the dyno test?

I have a good friend who has a 2004 CBR600RR who can out ride and out run most other riders, but it doesn't hurt that he only weighs maybe 130 lbs soaking wet. I've seen him embarrass many 1 litre bikes with riders who weigh in at 220 lb+, it's actually quite funny to see, lol. So many people forget the weight to HP ratio, should include the rider.

I am still interested to find out if the Hindle really can run on just the stock ECU like they say. If you can increase your performance and not eat into your fuel mileage, that would be nice to know.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts