Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I agree... They really did a great job with the headers and the fitting of the can... That thing looks and sounds amazing. Wow....

·
Registered
133 Posts
It looks like you chose the black ceramic Evolution that they show on the FZ-09. Is that correct?

·
Registered
224 Posts
The exhaust looks and sounds great imo! The big question is,was it truly just bolt on with no fuel controller and if so,is there any popping or extreme lean spots in power band??

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Yeah, that thing needs a tune...... The popping and spitting is no good...

·
Registered
224 Posts
beej, with just the exhaust,did you notice anything that made you decide to dyno? Do you feel that it needs a controller?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I really like the Hindle exhaust but just surprised that they claim that is simply a bolt on! It is clear by the last clip that it needs a tune,not a deal breaker but i thought it was to good to be true with their claim!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Way too loud and needs a tune to get rid of the back firing.
So by the time it is finished with fuel controller and dyno tune you are looking at $1500.00 or more.
Sorry but I just don't get it unless you are planning to race it and exactly what race series would it in???

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am aware that all exhausts will "Bolt On" but my point was Hindle had claimed that you could mount this exhaust with no tuning needed or fuel controller and the bike would run fine. Sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
63 Posts
IMHO, it doesn't exactly need a tune. Seriously, yes the popping on decel is annoying, or perhaps some like it. However as the mfg states, it's not a necessity. Also if you don't want a "tune" just buy block off plates and the problem is solved as well. Granted a "tune" would most likely improve performance, but needed, no.
JCIII

Reactions: Tonester71

·
Registered
156 Posts
The exhaust looks and sounds great imo! The big question is,was it truly just bolt on with no fuel controller and if so,is there any popping or extreme lean spots in power band??

The three video clips are bolt on, nothing else touched. Booking Dyno appointment now.
Where are you going for your dyno tuning? The Hindle loks like a real nice fit. They always put out quality stuff.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts