Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Highway Pegs

18K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  madcow 
#1 ·
I'm looking to add some highway pegs to stretch my legs when needed. I cropped a photo from MadStad website that has pretty much what I'm looking for. I contacted them but no response. Does anyone know what components are used to make this happen? I'm fine with doing some custom work but will buy if something is already available. Thanks

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Automotive exhaust

See less See more
#6 ·
Thread Title.............Highway Pegs! Hmm, this thread is going to make a little trip too, no highway pegs needed for this one. Off to the "gear and accessory section! :cool:

#13 ·
haven't cramped up bad enough to need them yet but the sw motech frame sliders make a shelf big enough to rest my calfs on and im a fairly big person (5'10" 255lbs) my knees were my problem on my sv, on the fz the stock pegs and corbin seat seam to do the job thus far. haven't gone on any all day long rides on it yet but ive done a few 5-6 hour rides

#14 · (Edited)
I have wanted an a stand up peg setup. I have watched many Dakar over the years and standing is usual. I expect for GYTR to bring a safety cage with forward standing position pegs and skid plate. The amount of dirt flying videos out there make me wonder what they are waiting for.
I'll just watch a movie like this click for some riders movie to pass some winter time .

#16 ·
I'm looking to add some highway pegs to stretch my legs when needed. I cropped a photo from MadStad website that has pretty much what I'm looking for. I contacted them but no response. Does anyone know what components are used to make this happen? I'm fine with doing some custom work but will buy if something is already available. Thanks

View attachment 13537
I would like these as well. nice farkle for long trips!!

Reactions: leanburnin
#18 · (Edited)
Welcome here and way to create a response.
My early childhood memories include losing moms hand and staring at a couple at a red revving a h-d 900 in the 60's with straight pipes. They were cool to a six year old. Fear it or embrace it.
Fz9-tx-guy posted the pics in the install thread but to find the actual builder of that peg setup is beyond me.

#22 ·
Ok so this is what I came up with and I must say it works great, changes my knee angle and my butt angle to the seat so now i can stretch when needed. I used some cnc folding pegs off ebay and some bicycle cranks off amazon and with some spacers and washers and longer bolts i got it rigged up to work. These will not scrape before the normal pegs and I know I'm taking a risk of frame and or engine damage if it were to go down but my goal is to not go down! Haters keep on hatin' but wanted to post this for anyone who would be interested.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.