Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add some highway pegs to stretch my legs when needed. I cropped a photo from MadStad website that has pretty much what I'm looking for. I contacted them but no response. Does anyone know what components are used to make this happen? I'm fine with doing some custom work but will buy if something is already available. Thanks

DSC00685.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes there are frame sliders in the pic but also a aluminum lever with a folding peg.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Thread Title.............Highway Pegs! Hmm, this thread is going to make a little trip too, no highway pegs needed for this one. Off to the "gear and accessory section! :cool:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Lol, I use my frame sliders as highway pegs sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Same here, but I have to admit, they aren't very functional as highway pegs....at least mine aren't.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I drilled through my sildes and bolted on pegs , as foot rests . Works for me , but im old and half rebuilt.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That setup looks very light weight. I wonder how equal the left side matched the height and motor width to the right side. Get those and some sixteen inch risers for my grip height ...

·
Registered
446 Posts
An alternative to foot pegs is to just stand up while riding for about 15-30 seconds and stretch out the legs and the lower back. It works great.

·
Registered
654 Posts
haven't cramped up bad enough to need them yet but the sw motech frame sliders make a shelf big enough to rest my calfs on and im a fairly big person (5'10" 255lbs) my knees were my problem on my sv, on the fz the stock pegs and corbin seat seam to do the job thus far. haven't gone on any all day long rides on it yet but ive done a few 5-6 hour rides

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have wanted an a stand up peg setup. I have watched many Dakar over the years and standing is usual. I expect for GYTR to bring a safety cage with forward standing position pegs and skid plate. The amount of dirt flying videos out there make me wonder what they are waiting for.
I'll just watch a movie like this click for some riders movie to pass some winter time .

·
Registered
657 Posts
My woodcraft frame sliders are my highway pegs!

Reactions: leanburnin

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm looking to add some highway pegs to stretch my legs when needed. I cropped a photo from MadStad website that has pretty much what I'm looking for. I contacted them but no response. Does anyone know what components are used to make this happen? I'm fine with doing some custom work but will buy if something is already available. Thanks

View attachment 13537
I would like these as well. nice farkle for long trips!!

Reactions: leanburnin

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome here and way to create a response.
My early childhood memories include losing moms hand and staring at a couple at a red revving a h-d 900 in the 60's with straight pipes. They were cool to a six year old. Fear it or embrace it.
Fz9-tx-guy posted the pics in the install thread but to find the actual builder of that peg setup is beyond me.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm very interested in this.
Also, can you get tapered apehangers?A sissy bar would be good too.And also various chromed skulls to scatter around the bike.
Oh,I'm also interested in getting some pirate costumes to wear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts