Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short notice but weather looks good - i'll be headed out Saturday morning if anyone is interested in joining:

Ride Meet Spot:
Exxon
77 US-206
Augusta, NJ 07822

Total Ride Time: 3-3.5hrs - for those interested - there are a few more roads we can go on or repeat some of the best spots depending on the weather and how we feel.

Meet time: 9am - this is to avoid vacationer traffic - it gets worse as the day goes on

Planned route: 519 to 629 to 519 to 650 to back side of high point (rt 23) back down 519 into swartswood

Ride pace: moderate

Ride requirements:

1. must have riding jacket and gloves at a minimum
2. Must keep generous room between riders - there are many blind corners on this ride
3. no heroes - ride your own ride - don't be a dick
4. no passing other riders if they do not wave you on

if you don't like the ride requirements - don't show up.

post up if you're interested. I usually grab a bite post ride at the chatterbox (we'll finish around that area).

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Hey Beck..... Just thought I'd let you know...... I'll probably not be making this ride..... didn't want you to be waiting around for me. :cool:

Have fun and stay safe!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I might be interested in meeting you guys mid ride if that's possible. A buddy asked me to meet him at Hanover Powesports. They ate having a ktm demo ride event. Free to anyone, just show up.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be interested in meeting you guys mid ride if that's possible. A buddy asked me to meet him at Hanover Powesports. They ate having a ktm demo ride event. Free to anyone, just show up.

Get there early - they usually have limited bikes and the roads you can demo them on kind of suck...

·
Registered
551 Posts
I did the Suzuki demo last Saturday in Belleville. I rode the sfv650 (Gladius) and the gsxs750. Was not impressed with either of them. The 650 was so underpowered it was ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gladius is like the blackberry of motorcycles. They had such a great thing with the SV but got complacent and the market crapped in their face.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Put me down for a table for 2....I promise Ill behave..:)

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Put me down for a table for 2....I promise Ill behave..:)
And the check is in the mail too.........right? :laughing4:

Seriously guy/gals/whoever.........have a great day, stay safe, and take some pictures of the multiple FZ09s.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I seriously might come with you guys and tell my buddy I'll meet him at the ktm dealer at noon

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I seriously might come with you guys and tell my buddy I'll meet him at the ktm dealer at noon
You should......its guaranteed to be more fun than the crowds at the dealer..:)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^agreed, if you're not too familiar with the high point area loop - it's fun. if we get stands up by 9 you can make it down to Hanover by 12 or 1. Riding a KTm on rt 10 is bleh :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
See you guys at exxon... If it's cool, my buddy is gonna come on his zx10r.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
2. Must keep generous room between riders - there are many blind corners on this ride
5. No Kawasaki's
:) :) :) :)

no problem so long as he fits with the requirements above :)
I kid,I kid..My son rides a Kawasaki....poor guy..:)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
5. No Kawasaki's
:) :) :) :)

I kid,I kid..My son rides a Kawasaki....poor guy..:)
haha - yeah but it's fun making him jealous :)

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's part of it. It gets more fun and I stay off any of the major roads. Swartswood is hit or miss with traffic but high point area should be relatively light in the morning.

See you guys at the Exxon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts