Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has used a brighter replacement for the OEM turn signal bulbs? I have already ordered some upgraded headlight bulbs at the recommendation of a couple of members here, but I'm always looking for more ways to help other drivers see me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The LEDs are a nice option, but I was hoping to find something to plug in to the stock housings, similar to the Osram headlight bulbs (thanks Doug). Are you guys talking about completely replacing the stock housings, or just the bulbs/relays?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
be careful installing higher output bulbs, they could melt the amber lenses as we seen with another members headlight. There is less distance between the lens and the bulb in the turn signals.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine are Toxic Valor on Page 608 of this catalogue, http://www.importationsthibault.com/itl/catalogBrowser/catalogBrowser.jsp?year=2013&catalogTypeName=pieces&quality=40&languageCode=en&currentPage=1 .There are several varieties of LED replacement signals, but you would need to find a shop that supplies product from this distributor.

Just now spotted a possible solution for you. Take a look at the "Plasma" LED replacement bulbs on page 621 of the same catalog. Provided you can find one with the correct socket, they should be brighter without producing excessive heat.

Reactions: phm14

·
Registered
416 Posts
I always keep going back the OEM Yamaha LED signals. Only problem is they are hard to find in the US. Here is the part # YME-W0789-00-00

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are cool. Anyone know the type/# for the oem bulbs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
OEM bulb numbers are 7440 or 7443 for both ends... just get some off eBay for $20!... may have to find a LED relay or just get used to the double time!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you. Going to try these. $40. shipped for both ends. The fast flashing doesn't bother me, and won't cause any legal/inspection issues in Texas. I like the fact they will pull less juice without resistors added. Just have to make sure and check them, as it may not be so obvious when one goes out. Other than that, my only concern at this point is dimming over time. I will report back here if any issues arise. These come in 3 colors. If I like them, I may use them in some other vehicles:
Amazon.com: JDM Astar 800 Lumens Super Bright AX-2835 Chipsets 7440 7441 7443 7444 992 LED Bulbs ,Xenon White: Automotive
OEM bulb numbers are 7440 or 7443 for both ends... just get some off eBay for $20!... may have to find a LED relay or just get used to the double time!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm getting mine BC I plan on smoking the turn signals and I will need something to compensate for the darkness!

·
Registered
15 Posts
CORRECTION: front turn signals are 7443 and rear are 7440!... although both will work you will only get half the light from the rear if 7443 are used!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I installed one of these in the front. With the key on, the turn signals lit up, constant on, and it looked brighter than the OEM bulb. Then when I turned on the flashers, the dual filament OEM bulb flashed brighter...so the OEM bulb is more visible as a turn signal.
Thank you. Going to try these. $40. shipped for both ends. The fast flashing doesn't bother me, and won't cause any legal/inspection issues in Texas. I like the fact they will pull less juice without resistors added. Just have to make sure and check them, as it may not be so obvious when one goes out. Other than that, my only concern at this point is dimming over time. I will report back here if any issues arise. These come in 3 colors. If I like them, I may use them in some other vehicles:
Amazon.com: JDM Astar 800 Lumens Super Bright AX-2835 Chipsets 7440 7441 7443 7444 992 LED Bulbs ,Xenon White: Automotive

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also tried to fit these to the headlight running lights:
Piaa Hyper D Super LED Bulb 72522 | eBay
They did not seat deep enough to make contact and light up. Like the other bulbs above, the fit was overly tight. When I pulled it back out, the lens cover seperated from the base, leaving the LED exposed. Pretty sure it was destroyed as I pulled out the base. Again, I re-installed the OEM bulbs. Hopefully, this will help someone not waste time/money on these like I did.:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts