Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I've used them on my Bandits. One was on a carbed, modded 1200 and it flowed enough extra air to lean it out and need a rejet.
I'd use them before K&N.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Haven't used Hiflo filters in my XSR but have used them in other bikes, both oil and air filters. Quality stuff IMO, wouldn't hesitate to use them.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
They'll suit you well.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I try to find a less restricted filter witout compromising filtration...
Higher flow without compromising filtration is like a performance exhaust without raising sound level, the holy grail. Increasing the surface area of the filter element would do it but would probably necessitate a larger filter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just replaced the filter.It's cost is half the OEM.It has the same number of pleats,the paper is similar but doesn't seem to contain any oily thing as original.On the light seem same although the Yamaha seems made from a synthetic media that sparkles on light.The metal screen is different.Using my mouth to one pleat the hiflo seems freeer breathing .The fit is the same.We'll see!..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After 100 kms went back to standard.At small throttle openings the Yamaha is more detailed,precise and ready to go.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Oral flow testing? That's a new one. I wonder if my wife will test my filter?

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Once married, there be no filter testing Lou

Reactions: LouG

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I know. Maybe birthdays?

Reactions: Crossbar1773
1 - 12 of 12 Posts