Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
They look pretty cool. I was surprised to see the guy on the bagger doing a burn out in the vid. It says there are color options too. If you do it, post up some pics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look pretty cool. I was surprised to see the guy on the bagger doing a burn out in the vid. It says there are color options too. If you do it, post up some pics.
I will post them up if I do. For me it's more for safety since I commute daily on a bike.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just saw these at my local motorcycle shop this evening. Hadn't noticed them before. It's a glow in the dark sticker on the wheel and an led light mounted on the swing arm and/or fork that "charges up" the sticker. Pretty cool idea actually. They were asking 145 for the one wheel set up and 185 for the two wheel set up.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I wonder if anyone gets object fixation and unintentionally veers towards the bike. I witnessed a bunch of people in Costa Rica wandering towards me on a KTM Adventure with a ton of lighting. It stressed me out on more than one occasion.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I wonder if anyone gets object fixation and unintentionally veers towards the bike. I witnessed a bunch of people in Costa Rica wandering towards me on a KTM Adventure with a ton of lighting. It stressed me out on more than one occasion.
You are absolutely correct Doug. The Washington State Police did a study years ago, and discovered that when they had people pulled over on the shoulder with the overheads flashing, there were more accidents involving people crashing in to the stopped cars.

They started shutting down the lights after car was safely stopped outside the fog line. People get the "deer in the headlights" syndrome and get sucked toward the light for some reason.

I guess the same could happen with the "tron" wheels. I just thought they looked kind of cool. Maybe some under bike L.E.D. lights would be cool as well.

I'm not normally in to bling, but I do like cool lighting like H.I.D. headlights, and L.E.D. tail lights. :cool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
It's probably great for city riding at night. People will definitely see you crossing intersections from the side better. If you are stuck on the side of the road you wouldn't be able to turn them off either. I wonder how long it takes for them to stop glowing after the led is off.

Daniel

·
Registered
133 Posts
On my previous bike (FJR1300) I mounted black reflecting rimstripes. coast 17€ and includes a special applicator. Very easy to apply.
The same striping I mounted also on the fairing.
Can't post a picture. File is too big :mad:

·
Registered
768 Posts
On my previous bike (FJR1300) I mounted black reflecting rimstripes. coast 17€ and includes a special applicator. Very easy to apply.
The same striping I mounted also on the fairing.
Can't post a picture. File is too big :mad:
Something like these?
ee.JPG
The strips really are there in the left photo.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
That was one of my first mod. I like the reflective tape and the white make the blurple wheel stand out too. Then I removed all the ugly oem reflectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
That was one of my first mod. I like the reflective tape and the white make the blurple wheel stand out too. Then I removed all the ugly oem reflectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
That looks really cool. Where did you get the reflective tape?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
That actually looks better than it sounds - I wonder how long they last in the Phoenix sun?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Orange on those beautiful blurple wheels that come on the liquid graphite? But they do have orange. On the bottom right of the page,there is a green tab that shows the available colors.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Orange on those beautiful blurple wheels that come on the liquid graphite? But they do have orange. On the bottom right of the page,there is a green tab that shows the available colors.
Eolith is getting/has a blazing orange Fz

1 - 20 of 23 Posts