Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I am trying to make myself easier to see for the cagers at night. I've been thinking about the reflective tape I used to have on the back of my Kawasaki Concours. This stuff was clear during the day, but lit up like crazy at night. I want to add something like this to my helmet - but I don't want some lame tape kit with flames or the like.

So as usual I turn to you guys for some advise.

Thanks,
Keith.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello - I am trying to make myself easier to see for the cagers at night. I've been thinking about the reflective tape I used to have on the back of my Kawasaki Concours. This stuff was clear during the day, but lit up like crazy at night. I want to add something like this to my helmet - but I don't want some lame tape kit with flames or the like.

So as usual I turn to you guys for some advise.

Thanks,
Keith.

I've used it previously but only around the whole rim of the helmet, as I wasn't sure how it would work.
Lights up very well at night, although not sure how much better you would be seen.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
How cool it would be to have led lights on the back of your jacket or helmet and an on/off switch in your collar so is easy to activate it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
How cool it would be to have led lights on the back of your jacket or helmet and an on/off switch in your collar so is easy to activate it.
I recently bought this belt like strap that lights up. I bought two to wear across my front n back like an x

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have black reflective tape on my grey helmet. I just cut it into a nice pattern and stuck it on. Looks good during the day and glows white when headlights hit it. I think it's a 3M product. Lots of colors and widths to choose from.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah MaryJane...pics please of you wearing the belt straps. I'm interested in what that looks like when wearing it on a bike.

thx

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Funny... I had some left over strip from when I did my wheel strip. I put some on my black helmet just for fun, been there ever since.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
There is also this product to light up your helmet.

And all kinds of bike accent light are available through SuperBriteLEDS.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/motorcycle/

And the best price I have seen for LED turn signal flashers, only $8.95 each. To bad they don't sell LED signal lights as well.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/search/motorcycle-accessories/led turn signal flasher/
I see he owner of that company put his shit on blast on Instagram. He thing is that you can only wear that helmet at night. During the day you will see wires n shit glued all over your helmet! Not something I like to run around with. As for the halo belts they were off a ruckus website maybe rucksters?????

1 - 20 of 27 Posts