Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all members,
I have been riding for over 30 years, at the track as much as I can afford on my SV650s (1st Gen). Will try the FZ there eventually.
I am like a little kid with a new toy!! Traded in my '12 ZX6R for this bike last Saturday morning, 300 miles in one day. I am so happy I did, considering it has almost the same HP and more torque than the ZX and it can do more all around.
I can tell already that most share the same as I about the bike. Great power band and can't wait until it is broken in which will be this weekend. I'll do an oil change and be ready to rev her up.
Ordering shock this week (what do you recommend?) and getting forks done hopefully next week.

·
Registered
518 Posts
stoltecmoto (site vendor) has Penske stuff. He is great with helping you pick the right suspension stuff. Traxxion dynamics also has some stuff, but since Stoltec has an FZ, he has put a ton of time into getting the penskes goot to go.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hello to all members,
I have been riding for over 30 years, at the track as much as I can afford on my SV650s (1st Gen). Will try the FZ there eventually.
I am like a little kid with a new toy!! Traded in my '12 ZX6R for this bike last Saturday morning, 300 miles in one day. I am so happy I did, considering it has almost the same HP and more torque than the ZX and it can do more all around.
I can tell already that most share the same as I about the bike. Great power band and can't wait until it is broken in which will be this weekend. I'll do an oil change and be ready to rev her up.
Ordering shock this week (what do you recommend?) and getting forks done hopefully next week.
I too came from 600 super sports. And i don't miss them at all. The fz-09 has the same power, more torque, and comfortable riding position. Enjoy it. Wish there were more North Florida members on here.

·
Registered
349 Posts
FLAFZ09 - You know what you have to do --- Now go Farkle that Bike!!!! :toothy10:

Rat-bike1.jpg

Welcome Aboard!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skeet. it is kind of funny, i thought I would like the black or red but my ZX was red and black so I went with the Orange. I really like it due to the color only being on the tank. I have gotten tons of positive response from other riders about the look.
Thanks for the welcomes and I have looked Stoltec already.......dangerous place.....to my checking acct!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts