Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my name is Giulio and I'm an Italian MT-09 owner.

I'm also a moderator of the Mt09 and mt07 italian forums and I want to thank you all as we found a lot of very interesting stuff on this great community.

Bye!

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
Welcome Guilio. They are great bikes...both of them. I've got an FZ09 and my wife just bought an FZ07.?

Reactions: Horsman

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Welcome on the forum Mate,

Love Italy. Been there for the last 3 Mille Miglia. Know anyone in the Popo? Got 3 speeding fine in the mail lately... LOL

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Aha... a paesano! Welcome aboard, brother.
Hoping to get to Italy one day... got family in San Tommaso area.
I just know that this bike runs best in Italy... all the wine and tomato sauce.
Welcome!
(Last name: Morizio)

·
Registered
511 Posts
You don't have a Ducati or an Aprilia? Isn't that sacriledge? I think Italian bikes are rolling art but function before form. FZ for me.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
You don't have a Ducati or an Aprilia? Isn't that sacriledge? I think Italian bikes are rolling art but function before form. FZ for me.
I visited there two summers ago and was surprised to hear from so many Italian natives; "The Jap bikes are 100% more reliable, easier & cheaper to repair, and cost is less...." The Ducati's are beautiful but ya don't see as many on the rode as you'd imagine.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
welcome ameci,

Do you know where one could buy the bodywork that the MT- race series bikes are using?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

@Marthy : Sorry but I don't know anyone in the Police but just for solidarity, I can say that I had 3 fines last month using the MT... :D Millemiglia is a great show, It did pass through my town until about 10 years ago. I live near Parma.

@MoFZio: wow an half Italian :) San Tommaso where? If it's the one near Reggio Emilia is not far from my home! And yes, here our bike is great to be used!

@uberwrench: that's a commonplace like a lot of others about Italy and Italians. In Italy (like in the rest of the world I think) Italian bikes and Ducati specially are loved or hated without halfway. I'm mostly in the haters half :D
You can think the same way about Italian bikes, some of them are almost perfect, some others are just crap. Generally they cost too much compared with the japanese, some models are always broken and I hate the sound of that dry clutch...

A lot of Italians thinks like me, and in my opinion Italians bikes are loved by foreings much more than by the Italians...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My grandfather came from San Tommaso, Abruzzo (Pescara).
My grandmother came from San Valentino, Abruzzo (Pescara).
Enjoy the FZ09!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome Giulio. Great country. I just came back from visiting relatives near Velletri; wish I'd been on my 09 not stuck in a rental cage!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I loved riding in and everything else about Italy. Many Americans HATE Harley. Me most of all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts