Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope the oxycod kicks in soon but here goes.

Last Friday, oct 17th I think I hi side on the dragon in crud corner near the nc state line.

some broken bones in back, broke up left shoulder blaede, socket ok though so no cast, broken ribs, swollen left wrist. They put a tube into lung.
Got out of hospital last night. Went into corner to fast hit the brakes and went hi side. I would like to thank the wonderful people who helped me at the accident sceine. I was a little ways of the road and unconcoucs I'm told. Those nice people held me and stayed with me so I could be air lifted out, i'll never forget that. Many thanks to my buddy PJ for his help !

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, best wishes to you on a quick recovery!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yikes! Not good, bro.
Thankful you got the help you did and are here to talk about it.
So sorry. We stand with you.

·
Registered
885 Posts
A tough thread to read this morning. Sorry to read about this. While in pain, you're thanking the people who helped in your moment of greatest need. That says a lot of good about you. Heal well and heal quickly. Prayers and best wishes coming your way!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sorry to hear this news and hope the pains are short lived !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Damn it John....I hate hearing this. We were out of town (Barber track day) so I didn't hear about it till now. If there is anything you need help with, give me a shout....I'll PM you my cell number.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Hang in there man. I can't count the number of times that I have ridden up on a crash site and helped on The Dragon. Speedy recovery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Glad you are still with us. Sorry to hear of your misfortune on the gap. I've had my fair share of close calls on the gap but most of mine were on the dam end not the motel end. My closest was 7 turns after the gravity well, I almost went over the side. Crossed the line and got it back in the right direction with about 12 inches to spare before the edge.

If you need any morale support shoot me a message, I'm still surfing the sofa from my wreck.

Ed

·
Registered
420 Posts
Holy u-no-what. Much worse than my crash this weekend, but then mine was at 2 mph in the dirt. You may have all the sympathy and all the pain. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Indeed, speedy recovery and best wishes. :) Hope the bike wasn't too badly damaged...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here's to a speedy recovery mate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you every one.

The bike is ok, other than the gas tank and a few scratches and one or two of the sliders.

I'm doing ok, sore and in pain but I have some good pain pills ! :) Thank you every one, John

1 - 20 of 21 Posts