Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm Steve from So Cal. I've been lurking on these forums for a couple of weeks, and I have gotten a ton of information. I've have ridden dirt bikes since I was a kid and have ridden various friend's street bikes. Now I want one of my own for the street. The first thing that hooked me to the FZ-09 was the comfortable seating position. The looks are awesome and the triple cylinder engine is just icing on the cake. I will probably be getting a 2015 in Matte Gray by the end of the year and am already making lists of accessories/upgrades to buy.
To be honest, the Yami was one of several bikes I was considering. The new Honda CBR650F is a beauty, but I just enjoy the riding position much better on the FZ (not to mention the Yami's torque ;)). I've also considered the Triumph Street Triple, but still like the seating position better on the 09. Bottom line is that whenever I get distracted and think I might want to consider another bike, I seem to always come back to the FZ-09. Sounds like my destiny is clear. Can't wait to get mine and look forward to being on this forum!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome steveh427!!! You will not be disappointed with the 09. I too considered the CBR650F but for all the same reasons you mentioned I went with the 09. And I have to say until I read your post I haven't thought about the CBR since I decided on the 09. Absolutely positively no regrets here!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings steveh427...

I tried to find a 2014 Matte Gray (Grey?) just for the rims. Seems the only difference is they turned black in 2015. Anyhoo, I don't wanna tell you your business, but shop around for price. It used to be la cycle sports couldn't be beat, but they don't carry Yami's anymore. I got an $8700 out-the-door offer from a place in San Diego for a 2015 in grey, but I decided I really wanted red and I got a better than that deal from someplace else (idk if i should be mentioning business locations).
As I said in my initial post, all of 1 day ago, riding the FZ-09 is like a street version of my YZF400 (but without that bleeping decompression lever!). Waaay too much fun.
You won't regret it...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Steve#5 (I think... is anyone keeping track?) ;) You'll have tons of fun with the 09 :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I went into a dealer today and they had 3 2014's on the floor, a blazing orange, liquid graphite, and a red. All were very sexy looking!! I couldn't decide which one looked better. I'm sooo looking forward to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts