Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your great forum. Over the last couple of months I have gleaned a great amount of info frpm the various threads and it has helped me to finally make up my mind to get my own MT09 /FZ09.

I have taken ownership of my brand new 2014 Racing Blue demon over the xmas break and have spent lots of time on him over the the last three weeks. I took the plunge and upgraded his suspension with an Andreani front Cartridge kit and a Nitron R2 shock which I had installed prior to taking delivery.

So, I am looking forward to mingling with the fz09 forum folk and even mayby meeting some for a ride if you're in my neck of the woods.

C ya

Razorskully

Reactions: Tigershark and rtsb

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Doubt that I'll be riding with you, but welcome and congrats on your demon.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!
Racing Blue...nice!
Pics???

Look like this? Racing Blue FZ09.jpg

Or like this? Silver-n-Blue FZ09.JPG

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awesome, you are starting off with a sorted MT09, excellent, interested to find out how many of these have been sold in NZ, they have apparently sold out of MT 07 everywhere and are waiting for the next shipment, enjoy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome, what neck of the woods are you at, I'm just north of Auckland in the old Rodney East coast area.....Sounds like you it sorted suspension wise, did you get anyone to set it up yet?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome from Seattle :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi mt09 kiwi. Yip I'm in Bucklands Beach. Great to get a reply from a fellow kiwi.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry meant to reply to Boro.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boro.... suspension was supplied Robert Taylor from KSS in New Plymouth. He set it up on his workshop prior to install by the guys at motorcycle central. I'm playing around with the settings.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Boro.... suspension was supplied Robert Taylor from KSS in New Plymouth. He set it up on his workshop prior to install by the guys at motorcycle central. I'm playing around with the settings.
Great I've spoken to KSS before and they know what they are doing so you should have a great baseline.
Sounds like you'll have a whale of a time with that setup, I went for ZX10R rear and new fork springs/oil. The back is about right now but still playing with the front, just need a mate to double check the sag. Looks like the weather may be turning so enjoy the weekend.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have the Andreanni cartridges and Nitron shock on my 09,too.
Where in NZ are you?

Edit: I see you are in Bucklands Beach.

I'm in Kaukapakapa.
You're welcome to send me a PM and drop by anytime you are nearby.I don't need to have my arm twisted much to go for a ride. :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sounds great PaulG. I've been wanting to explore the Helensville area. Went up to Muriwai last weekend and quite enjoyed the twisties from there down to Piha. I too don't need much convincing to go for a ride at any time. Will when I'm heading in that direction with some notic?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just out of interest what shock did you guys get KSS and how much the kit was all up installed and setup on the bike, I have secured a ZX10R shock and I will fit the standard MT 09 spring (heavier rating than the ZX10R one), but Im going to import some cartridges out of Italy later in the year (or may not either, I change my mind a bit), GIVI have some awesome and affordable screens and handguards now, ventura has an excellent light guard as well, I have just purchased these and a pack rack frame and mounts. Cheers and enjoy your rides.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
20150111_171947_sml.jpg
This is whet he looks like MoFZio

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi kiwis

Thinking of going to Taupo on Friday for a track day if anyone is interested.....should be a blast......sadly for me I m on stock suspenders.....would like the kss set up too when I get the nod from her indoors.....happy riding guys...would be good to catch up...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Jojo. That sounds like fun. I haven't been on a track before. What is required ito bike setup and rider gear for a track day at taupo or any other track on NZ for that matter?

Yeah we should catch up !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Jojo. That sounds like fun. I haven't been on a track before. What is required ito bike setup and rider gear for a track day at taupo or any other track on NZ for that matter?

Yeah we should catch up !
Hi RS

If you google Taupo trackdays it lol show up.....basically you ll need proper riding gear and $ 120......and a smile....it lol be my first trip to the track for 22 years...... Should be a blast.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks. Looks like I need some gear before I hit the track.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts