Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New member from Israel, here.

Bought a MT-09 in Racing Blu + ABS, a couple of months ago.
I'm loving it more and more with every ride.

My previous bike, for the past 6 years, has been a Suzuki Bandit 1200. I really loved the Bandit, it's a great bike, reliable, powerful and fun. But it's really different too.

My first ride on the MT, felt like I was handling a toy... It's so much lighter, shorter and easier to handle than the Bandit. After a few rides I'm already addicted to the lightweight bike + the awesome power, it's a great combination.

I've been a member or maximum-suzuki.com for a few years now, it's a great community. I've learned allot from the friendly members there, and have done quite a few mods to the bike, with their help, over the years.
I've been hanging around the MT-09 forum for a while, and peeking into this FZ forum every now and then.

Figured it's time to officialy introduce myself (and start badgering you with quesions too :)).
I look forward to getting to know you guys/gals as well.

Haven't done any mods yet, and probably won't for a while. I'll give myself some time to get used to the bike, and get over the hole in my bank account.

Nice meeting you all.
relz

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes, I prefer light and nimble bikes. Is this your first ABS bike? How do you like it? We can't get ABS on the 09 in the States yet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum. Yes, I prefer light and nimble bikes. Is this your first ABS bike? How do you like it? We can't get ABS on the 09 in the States yet.
Yes, it's my first ABS bike.
They only sell the ABS version, here in Israel.

I can't say that I feel much of a difference with the ABS, compared to without. Luckily I don't slam on the emergency brakes too often :p
Every now and then I do feel the brake pedal pulsating (mainly the rear wheel), when nearing a stop while going over rough patches in the road. Not a big issue. It's like those little skids that you get without ABS, when braking. After a while you hardly notice them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are alot of nice riding spots and beautifully paved roads, in Isreal.
Went there 5 times on business, and could only fantasize about riding there.
Sand blown on the roadway is something to look out for, though.:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the club! Cool to see so many people on here from around the world!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the new bike.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the Machine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts