Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone .. new FZ-09 Graphite owner here

Just bought her last week - shes sitting at the dealer until the weather warms up so I can take her home.

Located in MASS.

Also have 2 other bikes ..

2009 Ducati 1198
2014 Honda Grom

Ill get some pics of the grom once I finish installing all my new mods that arrived.

A pic and small vid of the 1198 after I installed a few new mods and got her ready for riding season

15F5C9CF-7038-46C4-AE47-C22E8830EA65_zpswhcjmnz4.mp4 Video by tomcranecivic | Photobucket

·
Vendor
2,395 Posts
Welcome...
I like your collection of bikes.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Grom. I want to pick one up for the wife.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome...
I like your collection of bikes.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Grom. I want to pick one up for the wife.

Ill let ya know once I get a chance to ride HAHA .. its sitting in the basement with 0 miles ... weather here in MASS has been total shit

Here are the mods I got ready to go on (fender elim already installed)

Belly pan .. bikini front fairing .. seat cowl all color matched .. TDM headlight .. driven d-axis bar ends and tyga slip on

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tyga makes real quality stuff for the grom .. all the above mods aside from the TDM headlight which is honda .. is made by Tyga - very satisfied with their prodcuts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know the weather blows... I'm south of you in CT.

It's for the Honda Grom.
when the weather warms up and we can actually ride .. lets meet up .. more then welcome to take the GROM for a spin :) ... 1198 too .. why not haha

·
Vendor
2,395 Posts
when the weather warms up and we can actually ride .. lets meet up .. more then welcome to take the GROM for a spin :) ... 1198 too .. why not haha
Don't have to twist my arm about meeting up or taking the Grom for a romp...
I'll leave the Duc to the professionals.
I'm not worthy!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Nice rides! I used to live in RI but down in Nj now. Still have friends in Boston area.

Any mod list for the fz yet?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
only plans for the FZ .. fender elim and bar end mirrors ..

I think I wanna go with the R&G fender elim .. was tossing around the idea of the evotech as well

as for bar ends - going to get the rhinomoto and most likely CRG's

·
Vendor
2,395 Posts
only plans for the FZ .. fender elim and bar end mirrors ..

I think I wanna go with the R&G fender elim .. was tossing around the idea of the evotech as well

as for bar ends - going to get the rhinomoto and most likely CRG's
You know a good addition to the fender elim?
An integrated tail light/turn signals/running light. :p

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom and nice collection of toys. If you are over 150 lbs or so and plan on riding the FZ at a "spirited" pace, you will most likely find that you need some suspension mods. See the Stoltek Moto section for some great ideas/parts for the FZ.

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum Tom and nice collection of toys. If you are over 150 lbs or so and plan on riding the FZ at a "spirited" pace, you will most likely find that you need some suspension mods. See the Stoltek Moto section for some great ideas/parts for the FZ.

Yeah I have been hearing/reading that the suspension is one of the weaker points on the fz .. im not a super aggressive rider so we will see how she rides when I have it adjusted (for what thats worth haha) ... thanks for the advice.. Ill def check that section out :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the addiction.... :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ill let ya know once I get a chance to ride HAHA .. its sitting in the basement with 0 miles ... weather here in MASS has been total shit

Here are the mods I got ready to go on (fender elim already installed)

Belly pan .. bikini front fairing .. seat cowl all color matched .. TDM headlight .. driven d-axis bar ends and tyga slip on

That section of pipe is crazy...haven't they ever heard of a tube bender?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Tom! That's going to be one badass Grom when you're done... a great baby brother to the FZ. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts