Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New FZ 09 owner here. Picked up the bike back in Jan. Rode it home 25 miles on the parkway, 34 degrees F and snowing.
Am waiting for a little better weather and for all the salt to wash off the roads.
I live in The Hudson Valley, New York State. Nice riding in these parts.

My other bike is a Triumph Speedmaster, don't like salt on that either.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Right on and welcome from Northern NJ. I love Red Hook Beer :)

Any mods planned for the near future?

enjoy it and ride safe!

·
Vendor
2,395 Posts
Welcome from another border-state-brotha.
There are plans of a (b)East coast FZ-09 get together, you should join. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I got mine on October 4th and I'm at 1006 miles right now! Weather in E. TN has sucked this winter and I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather riding! Go ahead, put it on paper, I'll sign it! :cool:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Once it warms up I must do a Taconic Pky trip. I have been up your way and over the rip van winkle many times.

Reactions: Niner and beck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GOT DAM !!! took it for a real ride today ( considering it's not broken in yet). Went up to Columbia County, tooled around a bit. On the way back to Red Hook rode around a bit in the City of Hudson ( sport bikers seem to gravitate there. The rest of the area is mostly Harleys).
I LOVE this bike ! I hope I don't lose my licence with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from another border-state-brotha.
There are plans of a (b)East coast FZ-09 get together, you should join. :)
CT? ... I get to CT often ( I keep my boat in Mystic ). I ride thru Millerton NY come into CT on RT 44. Tool around Lime Rock, sometimes do the Candlewood Lake loop.
Where do I get info on the FZ09 hookup?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum! Once it warms up I must do a Taconic Pky trip. I have been up your way and over the rip van winkle many times.
I like the first right off the bridge (west side), cruise up thru Athens and Coxackie. Or you can try the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge ( the next one to the south), head west on Rt 28. check out Woodstock. There's also a cool little hamlet called Phoenicia just off 28.You can also get there from the Rip Van. Take 23A to 214 S (very twisty).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congrats on the ride...and I don't want to hijack your thread...but for some reason I cannot post a new thread, only reply. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks
Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts