Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to drop by and say hey. I currently own a 2007 fz6 (blue one in the pic) but have got my eye on maybe selling and getting and fz09. Figured id check out the forums and learn a little more about the bike to help my decision.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the Machine, chief!
You're looking in the right direction...a lot of engine for the buck (fz09).

BTW, I own both the FZ6N (2008, blue) and FZ09 (2014, red). The 6N is a spare, primarily for my sons to ride. Solid bike. Smooth.

Have you ridden the 09 yet? Sweet machine. Nice all-around bike. Worthy of consideration.

So what's the riding season like there? 10+ months/year comfortably? My wife and I have been giving thought to moving to that area (Maryville). Currently live in upstate NY. We have friends/family down that way (TN/KY). She's originally from Lexington, VA.

Looking to find out more about that region. Employment (construction, mgt). Home purchase. (PM me...if you care to share some thoughts, thanks)

Again, welcome to the Dream Machine. :icon_salut:

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Hello Mid, and welcome to the forum. I'm in "Murvil" too......out between Murvil and Vonore. Welcome aboard. I know of three of us in the area.......one in Louisville, one in Greenback and me....right across 411 from Greenback.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Oh boy... TT lives there... I def'ly would need to do the suspension upgrade prior to moving down thar! :wink:
Sure would hate to have to school TT on the Dragon. (not)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the Machine, chief!
You're looking in the right direction...a lot of engine for the buck (fz09).

BTW, I own both the FZ6N (2008, blue) and FZ09 (2014, red). The 6N is a spare, primarily for my sons to ride. Solid bike. Smooth.

Have you ridden the 09 yet? Sweet machine. Nice all-around bike. Worthy of consideration.

So what's the riding season like there? 10+ months/year comfortably? My wife and I have been giving thought to moving to that area (Maryville). Currently live in upstate NY. We have friends/family down that way (TN/KY). She's originally from Lexington, VA.

Looking to find out more about that region. Employment (construction, mgt). Home purchase. (PM me...if you care to share some thoughts, thanks)

Again, welcome to the Dream Machine. :icon_salut:
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

Regarding your riding season question - it really depends. You can basically ride year round down here depending what the weathers like any given day...as it changes as much as a dragon slayer changes tires (locals get it - for everybody else, that's alot :) ). I got a bunch of buddies I ride with and theres always somebody out riding no matter what time of year it is. Don't know if I can mention our local forum on here or not so I won't unless somebody tells me I can - we've got a pretty tight knit group that spans from bristol area down into georgia across to middle TN then a long ways to the east to.

If you're in construction Maryville is a good place to be - seems like that's about 90% of the jobs down here. And there's new housing going up all the time and plenty of places for sell whether your looking for the city or the county. I love my mountains and good ol murval (again...the locals know what I'm saying). Just stay away from Knoxville, that's where all the crazies are!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

Regarding your riding season question - it really depends. You can basically ride year round down here depending what the weathers like any given day...as it changes as much as a dragon slayer changes tires (locals get it - for everybody else, that's alot :) ). I got a bunch of buddies I ride with and theres always somebody out riding no matter what time of year it is. Don't know if I can mention our local forum on here or not so I won't unless somebody tells me I can - we've got a pretty tight knit group that spans from bristol area down into georgia across to middle TN then a long ways to the east to.

If you're in construction Maryville is a good place to be - seems like that's about 90% of the jobs down here. And there's new housing going up all the time and plenty of places for sell whether your looking for the city or the county. I love my mountains and good ol murval (again...the locals know what I'm saying). Just stay away from Knoxville, that's where all the crazies are!
Appreciate the insights! Watch the Dragon...I hear it bites!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And my apologizes to the grammer police...that should read "plenty of places sale" ...not sell

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Oh boy... TT lives there... I def'ly would need to do the suspension upgrade prior to moving down thar! :wink:
Sure would hate to have to school TT on the Dragon. (not)
LOL.....The "hill", as the locals call it is a great place to ride....but you need to know when to ride up there....boatloads of stupid happens up there all the time will cars/trucks/other bikes on the wrong side of the double yellow. It's not really a place to test your riding skills......too much! :cool:

I always tell folks that have never ridden it to just take it easy and leave your ego somewhere else....besides there. If you make a mistake, or someone else causes you to go off road, it's usually not a happy ending.
1. You go over the mountain
2. You go into the side of the mountain
3. You get to meet another vehicle all up close and personal like!

I don't usually run too fast through there. I guess I do enough track days during the year that my "go fast" desire is satisfied by doing that.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the bike I tend to stay away from the gap...not really my cup of tea...im slow and dont mesh well with stupid people. I run around up there in the car sometimes but like TT said you gotta know when to go to miss all the stupid. Main thing is dont go above your comfort level and dont try to keep up with others.

·
Vendor
1,529 Posts
Just wanted to drop by and say hey. I currently own a 2007 fz6 (blue one in the pic) but have got my eye on maybe selling and getting and fz09. Figured id check out the forums and learn a little more about the bike to help my decision.

I really like the fz6, I actually traded in a 2007 fz6 for my 9. Do whatever you can to make the trade!!

I promise you will be happy you did. The fz06 is a great bike, but I found it kind of bland. The Fz09 will make you want to wake up early to ride it!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts