Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people my name is Matt I live in asheville nc. I've had my liquid graphite fz-09 now for about 2 - 3 months I have put on close to 700 miles going for my first service Saturday at 10am at MR motorcycle. My bike is running good should I still ask the tech about the CCT? THIS BIKE IS AWESOME!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Hey Matt, welcome to the forum - looks like you bought the best color. My CCT problem came around 1k miles - feel free to PM fizzerpilot for his fix - it's cheap - he ships super fast and it takes care of the problem. Last i heard from my dealer the replacement CCT is back ordered by at least 2 months.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks beck, I LOVE the color on the wheels there sharp looming an love how they stand out. I'm guessing I'm gonna hearing a chattering sound when the CCT is acting up? Does anyone know where fizzerpilot ships from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of right now I have the stilted gripper tanks pads an the OES frame slider pack. I would like to get front an rear suspension for sure an possibly a exhaust upgrade also maybe a new seat I'm 205lbs an I can get bout a hr or hr an half before my ass starts to feel it

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Funny how many refer to the graphite as the best color & they refer to the Rapid Red as the Fastest Color:cool:

Isn't Fastest the best...??? I'm soo confused.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Aloha and welcome, Matt. And yes, by default Liquid Graphite slips through the air easier thus making it the fastest(and best) color choice. Fizzerpilot ships his kits out of Indiana, and to be proactive, his CCT kit is cheap piece of mind. If you haven't gotten the dreaded Cam Chain tick yet it's possible you either bought a bike with the revised tensioner already installed from the factory or it's a matter of when not if. You might have a difficult time getting your stealership to order and install the revision if there's no noticeable sound, but I would ask anyway while you have it there for your service. Ride safe...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new bike! You chose wisely with the L. Graphite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts