Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello :)
Waiting to take delivery of mine this Thursday, been on cruisers for past 7 years, needed a change and went ahead with an FZ-09. Come from a sportbike background, been riding 23 years. Looking forward to sharing ideas and contributing.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Aloha Dave and welcome to the best FZ09 forum on the interweb. You'll love the 09, even coming from sportbike background, as did I, this bike will surprise you with it's power and torque.
What color are you getting?
Any questions you may have or advice you need, ask away-there's a bunch of great members here with decades of knowledge about bikes in general and the 09 in particular and they're more than willing to share. Post up some pics when you get it and ride safely...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Dave! :) Can't wait to hear your impressions of this latest beast from the east...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas!! Really happy to be here :)
I've been busy perusing through the cct thread and have learned a lot already! Thanks to all who have pioneered a path for us new to the FZ-09.

I went with the orange :)
Will post my impressions of the bike probably after this weekend.

Ride safe!

Dave

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Dave, hopefully your bike won't have the CCT issue you've read about, but that's an example of how informative and helpful this forum is-it was members of this forum who diagnosed and found a solution for the problematic CCT. If not for their knowledge and solution, many of us would have been relegated to taking it to the stealer and letting the 'kids' monkey around with our new bikes...

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave and congrats on the new FZ. I came from a sport bike background also (still have a 600RR track bike) and was to the point that I needed a more upright riding position for my street riding. The FZ09 is making me never look back, as far as street riding goes. I've have several liter sport bikes and a couple of different 600's and the FZ is the most fun bike I've ever owned for street.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I'm sure this Thursday will be the best Xmas morning you've had in awhile. Take it easy at first...it'll grow on you quickly. Welcome :cool:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
welcome! I'm sure you're no stranger to power but if you're coming from just cruisers in the past 7 years - be careful with the FZ throttle on the first few runs - a fistful of throttle and the wheel comes up pretty quickly depending on your weight :) Most find it fun but i got tired of throwing out so many pairs of boxers.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Christmas in August! I love it. Hopefully you aren't new to wheelies 'cause I see a lot of them in your future.

·
Registered
343 Posts
New guy , hello. My cct fixed itself and has not acted up since then. The hard thing to do is ride 8 , 9 , double first and second then taming down for third and fourth. The other hard thing is not repeating excuses to go ride on nice days. There should be a special fz-09 book , excuses to be gone awhile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts