Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really interested in the FZ09 and I am thinking about trading in my 2000 VFR or maybe just getting a 2nd bike. :) Does anyone know if Yamaha is going to offer some sort of wind screen/fairing and bags on this bike or has there been no word yet?

Looks to be a sweet bike...same power as my VFR and about 80 pounds lighter!!:D

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Welcome CRFan. It's probably too early to say whether or not those items will be available for the FZ09. Depending on the popularity and sales numbers, aftermarket companies may start making accessories and bling items. Probably most important for me would be a quality exhaust and fuel management system like a Power Commander and then suspension components for both fork and shock upgrades.

Reactions: CRFan1

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
Welcome CRFan1
I also have a VFR (98) and I'm looking at the FZ09 for for same reasons that you are, especially the weight.
This is an interesting forum since no one here has any hands on experience with this bike.
(I suppose we are all like first time expectant fathers, nervous the kid might not be perfect but looking foward to taking the little shit on a fishing trip!)
Anyway it's fun to be excited about something new and glad you decided to join us.

Reactions: CRFan1

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome CRFan1
I also have a VFR (98) and I'm looking at the FZ09 for for same reasons that you are, especially the weight.
This is an interesting forum since no one here has any hands on experience with this bike.
(I suppose we are all like first time expectant fathers, nervous the kid might not be perfect but looking foward to taking the little shit on a fishing trip!)
Anyway it's fun to be excited about something new and glad you decided to join us.
Hehe...thanks for the info. guys. This is actually the first bike I have been excited about in quite some time. I have a love affair with my VFR that I won't give up unless I find the right bike. This bike seems to have a lot going for it and I am hoping they have one at the Indy Moto GP (I will be there) so I can sit on it, etc. IF they have some sort of fairing/windscreen and bags...even for the next version, I will be all over this thing like buzzards on a crap wagon! :D

I look forward to hanging out with you guys in here....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Take your camera with you! We need some more comparisons of the riding position for different height guys.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
plus 1 on taking the camera. I too am 5' 11" and with a 32" seat height, it should be perfect for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts