Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front axle (and alternator access) requires a 14mm hex key or socket. To use a torque wrench I’ll want a 1/2 inch drive socket. I have a Craftsman 3/8 inch hex bit socket set I like (4mm to 8mm and 10mm) that covers the common sizes found on bikes.

Does the 09 need any hex bits over 10mm other than the 14mm? If it is just the 14mm I’ll buy that one from Amazon instead of getting a set. Probably a Titan brand.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I use full sets of metric Craftsman T-Handles as well as Craftsman Socket Hex bits. Do not go cheap on Hex keys, or you will seriously regret it. Tolerances need to be tight or you will booger them up. I have 1/2" to 3/8" reducer when needed.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is Titan a cheap brand? I have a 3/8 drive T handle that I use with sockets etc, and a speed wrench (is that what it is called, like a crank shaft? lol), and with some other stuff from Revzilla I'm getting a 1/4 drive Motion Pro T handle.

My main question: does the 09 need hex bits over 10mm other than the 14mm? Craftsman does sell a 14mm 1/2 socket by itself.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts