Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if anyone else is seeing a similar issue. Im having a slight throttle hesitation when exiting a corner, and/or while riding at a constant speed and then trying to accelerate. I think its around 2nd/3rd gear, maybe 5/6k rpms. My "fix" is just to clutch in, and release and the problem goes away. Im not sure what to think. Maybe fueling?

my mods are Akra carbon full exhaust, K&N air filter, and PCV with Dynojet's map for Akra full exhaust with stock filter.

I will be updating the map soon, with a map that they suggested. Their suggestion is still not specifically for the K&N and exhaust. But they have also suggested to get a custom tune, that I just havent done yet.

Any input will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I've never had any luck with their canned maps... Quite contrary. I do know that my Akra flash is insanely well fueled and crazy smooth. Something I've never experienced with piggyback controller.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks kevxtx! PM'd

Will check those vcyclenut.

Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I was noticing on colder days this winter that the injectors would cut out in almost any gear when I was at around 4500-5000 rpm and holding steady with about 5% throttle. Seems to have gone away now the weather is warming.

Reactions: fatfurious2

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope that is the case.

Kevxtx, I havent gotten to try to the map yet, but I will, and report back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts