Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering what size clear tubing to put on the brake bleeder so this is what i learned oh and by the way these tubes can be purchased at home depot for about $4.00 for a 10' length of clear tubing
1. 3/8 od x 1/4 id This size will fit over the nipple and the nut on the bleeder you have to work it a little bit but it goes after it was on i tugged on it should stay. ( this is the one i will use )
2. 5/16 od x 3/16 id this goes over the nipple thats it. You can use this i would use a hose clamp or a zip tie just to make sure it does not pop off during use although it is less likely to happen i will probably do the same with the other tubing size also i don't want the brake fluid to destroy the paint.
When i put my new lines on i will use the reverse bleed process it seems to be better than the traditional process, their are videos on you tube on how to do this. For those of you who orderd brake fluid from stoltec you have to get all the brake fluid out as much as possible because you can not mix them.
Goodluck to all you DIYERS.
Upon further review i think i have to go with the smaller sized tubing because how will i turn the bleeder screw duh!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I've got a Mighty vac and that will/should make the job pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
For those of you who orderd brake fluid from stoltec you have to get all the brake fluid out as much as possible because you can not mix them.
Goodluck to all you DIYERS.
That's why I planned on using the Yammy fluid... plus I have no intention of racing my shiny new toy, so I figured the plain old OEM would suffice (with regular changes).

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you plan on keeping the bike you're going to eventually have to change out the brake lines anyway because they do where the rubber hoses expanding and contract I think they're only recommended for like 2 to 3 years that's why I'm going ahead placing the steel lines and you get a little bit better break performance also so it is a safety thing too. I would have kept mine stock also but i need something to do over the winter.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Speed Bleeders FTW! Installed them on my R1 and will never do it any other way!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts