Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Keigwin's Season Finally at Thunder Hill Raceway in Willow Ca. 11/18-19/2017. Dry, 60 degree high temp. First time for me at Thunder Hill, Great 3 mile Track. Wish it were closer to Pendleton Oregon, it was a full day travel 600 miles. Stock Suspension, Vancycle ECU flash, SS brake lines, Sintered Pads, and Brand new S21 (Great Tires By the way)

·
Super Moderator
3,983 Posts
Thanks for the vids. I was actually hypnotized by the sounds of the motor and found myself glassy eyed just staring at the screen in a contented state.
I miss track days.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had Dave Motts set the suspension. He was one of the providers at the Track. He also set up my 2014 YZF R1 as well, He made changes to the R1's suspension all weekend. I swapped back and forth between the two bikes for each session. The FZ never bottomed out ( well the zip tie never was pushed to the bottom of the leg) but the R1 would under heavy braking. He recommended upgrading the springs on the R1 and it would be golden. The FZ he said, easy fix would be a 15wt oil in the forks and Kawasaki rear shock. He also recommended that there should be a minimum of a plus 4 lbs psi hot tire pressure, dial would be 5 to 7 for the Q3 and S21 I was running. The bikes worked well all weekend.

Camera is a GoPro Sessions, fist generation.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
FZRich
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing