Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lock-It Tank Ring from Hepco & Becker is the mounting point needed to mount Hepco & Becker tank bags onto your FZ-09. The tank ring screws onto the FZ-09's filler cap and creates a magnetic base for the tank bag to attach onto. The two magnets form a strong bond and can only be taken off when a deliberate force is applied. The perfect luggage solution for keys, wallets, or phones!

Check out the Lock-It Tank Ring here!
Check out the Tank Bags here!

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,705 Posts
+1 for this system. ?

I use it on my XSR with a small day bag, and it works brilliantly. The XSR has two things working against it: 1, the tank is made of plastic and aluminum parts, so no magnetic tank bag will work with it; And 2, the fuel filler cap is offset to the right, so some tank ring systems will cause the bag to be off center. H&B's Lock-it system addresses both isues flawlessly.

Also, they sell things like rear racks with the Lock-it mount, so you can mix and match bag location, depending on your needs. And if you have multiple bikes, you can get a tank ring for each bike and switch bags from one to the other in seconds.

Now, all I need is a larger bag for longer trips... ?

·
Vendor
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+1 for this system. ?

I use it on my XSR with a small day bag, and it works brilliantly. The XSR has two things working against it: 1, the tank is made of plastic and aluminum parts, so no magnetic tank bag will work with it; And 2, the fuel filler cap is offset to the right, so some tank ring systems will cause the bag to be off center. H&B's Lock-it system addresses both isues flawlessly.

Also, they sell things like rear racks with the Lock-it mount, so you can mix and match bag location, depending on your needs. And if you have multiple bikes, you can get a tank ring for each bike and switch bags from one to the other in seconds.

Now, all I need is a larger bag for longer trips... ?
Thanks for the kind words! We love the Hepco & Becker Lock-It system here. Very practical and easy to install!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks good, how does it correct the offset?

Ride sane

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,705 Posts
The tank-mounted ring itself is offset...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts