Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first new bike Ive ever bought, everything else being used already had sliders on it and I just left it at that. So I'm a bit new to this. I know there are different places for them and different companies that make them. Who makes the 'best' ones and which areas should definitely have them? Yamaha makes a set that don't look like traditional ones, will they work just as well as woodcraft ones that every one is recommending? Lastly, I know that rear spools are mainly for lifting the bike but do they also double as sliders for the rear?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I like OES sliders, used by tons of race teams. Made by a family of racers.

Alot of people also like Woodcraft, also very popular.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm going with T-Rex because they seem to cover more of the bike than anything else and the price is very reasonable.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Woodcraft for me, after handling mine and seeing how well they are designed and the attention to detail I won't go with anything else.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have Woodcraft on my R1 and they are nice. But went with R&G for the FZ09 because I liked the teardrop design better than the plain round slider look for this bike.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
+1 for woodcraft

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just received my OES sliders. They arrived much sooner than expected which was great. I called the company with some questions and Jacob was not only very willing to help, he let me order the rest of the kit and discounted it as if I made the purchase all at once. I am certain I will be happy with the rest of the kit, and excited for my bike to be a little more protected.

About sliders: is it recommended to install with blue loctite?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
lots of choices of good sliders out there.

I like Trex and Woodcraft as both have a metal core. soke cheap ones are all plastic

as a genersl rule you use blue loctite on everything but fairings, axles and, engine cases. there are other exceptions as well

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the responses guys! Its helpful. I like the OEs ones but Im going to look at the R&G ones. Now Im just waiting for weather to clear up. *sigh*

Edit: Do you guys have pictures of the R&G ones and OES ones on the bike? I have mixed feelings on the eye dropped ones.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just received my OES sliders. They arrived much sooner than expected which was great. I called the company with some questions and Jacob was not only very willing to help, he let me order the rest of the kit and discounted it as if I made the purchase all at once. I am certain I will be happy with the rest of the kit, and excited for my bike to be a little more protected.

About sliders: is it recommended to install with blue loctite?
Are the logos on the OES sliders just stickers that you can remove if you just want an all black slider or are they inset and an integral part of the slider? (hard to tell from pics)

Thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
I just ordered T-Rex sliders late last night and they already shipped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts