Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've yet to change out the OEM front brake lines for braided steel.
And since jacking the handlebars to accommodate the GPR damper, the stock line is a bit tight.
Of course, that means that I need to fit lines that are a bit longer.

Has anyone here changed out their brake lines for longer ones?
And what lengths did you use? What is the length of the right side OEM front line?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've yet to change out the OEM front brake lines for braided steel.
And since jacking the handlebars to accommodate the GPR damper, the stock line is a bit tight.
Of course, that means that I need to fit lines that are a bit longer.

Has anyone here changed out their brake lines for longer ones?
And what lengths did you use? What is the length of the right side OEM front line?
Using a tape measure and holding it as straight as I could manage, I put my OEM line on the kitchen table and it measured about 35" from banjo center to to center. O-------35"-------O
The little lines are 18" and 22".
-eddie

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Super Moderator
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eddie. You're a prince! I'll have to give this some thought. Have to figure out the 2nd line.
I suppose adding another 1.5 inches should work.
I will be switching to a 2 line system. I hate trying to bleed the front brakes in their current configuration.
Have you been back to TWO since Bill took over?
~fish

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks Eddie. You're a prince! I'll have to give this some thought. Have to figure out the 2nd line.
I suppose adding another 1.5 inches should work.
I will be switching to a 2 line system. I hate trying to bleed the front brakes in their current configuration.
Have you been back to TWO since Bill took over?
~fish
I went with an OEM type, two line Spiegler setup and they bled out fine. I just wrapped the bleeders with teflon tape to start and did the right side first. FWIW, I gave you the measurements of the two shorter lines (one up front and the rear line). But, I honestly don't remember which was which! I'm sorry!

Regrettably, no. I haven't been to T.W.O. in four years now. It's on my list of 2015 things to do, though. =)

Reactions: ridetofish
1 - 4 of 4 Posts