Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I saw a thread specifically for mad hornet levers last night on my ipad but it's not coming up on my iPhone right now so I'm starting a new one.

I installed the MH brake lever last night (didn't do the clutch yet) and took it for spin this afternoon. The brake lever feels sticky. When I squeeze it to brake and then release it doesn't fully snap back to full open and I can hear the brake pads ever so slightly still engaged on the rotors. I have to manually push the lever back to the full out position to disengage the brake.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this? The screw and nut holding it in is not overly tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Try taking the lever completely off and put it back on checking as you go for where the friction is. Use a small bit of grease on the pivot and other surfaces that might rub.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
I had to file "a bit off" my MH brake lever before it fit properly. At the price point they sell them for I just couldn't complain.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The grease seemed to fix the problem. Will keep an eye on it and if need be file a bit off. Thx all.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
As Doug said, taking a bit of the thickness off with sandpaper or emery cloth is a better solution than filing....even with a 2nd cut or flat smooth file. You're talking a couple of thousandths of an inch here.

Reactions: DNFDOUG
1 - 12 of 12 Posts