Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Just bought a used 2014 FZ-09 with 1,400 miles. Id like to ask your advise as to what or if i should have the dealer look at anything before the warranty expires in mid June. I do know the mapping was updated but beyond that i don't know if there are any other issues or recalls that haven't been dealt with by the dealer. What should i be looking for and asking about while any repairs costs are still on their dime?

Thanks for any and all advise. Love this bike!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Is the CCT noisy? the '14 also had a headlight recall. I circumvented that recall by installing a Tripage LED headlight. You could get an extension for the headlight also. I'm not a big fan of the "fix" yamaha came up with for the headlight. The CCT isn't a recall, but if it's making noise, it's a warantee repair. I put in an APE cct so I didn't have to deal with that nonsense.

Reactions: WFO FZ

·
Banned
739 Posts
Cam chain and headlight.

Cam chain was only a service bulletin, but odds are very good you'll need it done. The bike is near mileage where it starts to make noise, so have them fit a new tensioner now while still under warranty. The headlight harness being too short was an actual recall. Have that fixed while still under warranty.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I second the above. Make sure any recalls are done if you are concerned about it but dont think warranty really matters with recalls?? I do have a question along those lines.. Does tripage led replacement extend the harness to make the recall not needed?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Make sure any recalls are done if you are concerned about it but dont think warranty really matters with recalls??
Good point. Looks like Yamaha must perform the work at no cost to each identified FZ-09 upon request, regardless of the original sale date or warranty status.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Is the CCT noisy? the '14 also had a headlight recall. I circumvented that recall by installing a Tripage LED headlight. You could get an extension for the headlight also. I'm not a big fan of the "fix" yamaha came up with for the headlight. The CCT isn't a recall, but if it's making noise, it's a warantee repair. I put in an APE cct so I didn't have to deal with that nonsense.
Did you have warranty when you got the dealer to install the APE CCT?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Did you have warranty when you got the dealer to install the APE CCT?
My warranty ended last month, so i'm not concerned. If you were still within warranty, and something related to the cam chain broke, then it wouldn't be under warranty. the rest of the bike would be though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts