Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Out of those two OP it's the high mounted one for me. Tbh i like the standard exhaust and think it looks and sounds great. I've read an another forum a guy put his bike on a dyno and the bike lost power with a new exhaust system so in reality i think it's a waster of money, for me anyway.
Interesting about the loss of power... Would be good to see a Dyno of before and after .. I doubt that a euro 5 cat will make more power than a non euro 5 cat with a tune..but I agree the bike needs a tune for the exhaust.
Aleks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah he was down 2hp at peak compared to stock. Don't know if it had a tune or not. Tbh the bike is plenty fast for what i want i'll be spending money on a rear shock in a couple of years time when the standard yoke starts to fade but that's it i think the bike is more or less perfect in factory form.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
116 Posts
Interesting about the loss of power... Would be good to see a Dyno of before and after .. I doubt that a euro 5 cat will make more power than a non euro 5 cat with a tune..but I agree the bike needs a tune for the exhaust.
Aleks
Let's be real no one said anything about a tune, he could have just put an exhaust on and put it on a dyno

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is the kind of thing I would usually keep to myself but since you specifically asked, I've never been a fan of high mount exhausts. I know, my highly unpopular opinion is gonna get me banned or at the very least sent to sit by myself at lunch but there it is. I have a shorty low mount Black Widow exhaust on my 2019 and I friggan love the way it looks. It's little carbon fiber can with the polished tip pokes right up behind my foot and looks so sleek. For me the high mounts always make me of THIS, haha. Again though, to each his own. I'm perfectly fine with people loving high mount and ask that they just let me love my little guy.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,311 Posts
…I've never been a fan of high mount exhausts. I know, my highly unpopular opinion is gonna get me banned or at the very least sent to sit by myself at lunch but there it is…
No, of course not. We welcome all opinions here, even if you’re wrong. 😝

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have decided to go for a dominator exhaust but I'm undecided on which one to choose. Below are the two exhaust types I'm considering and I would like to see peoples opinion on both. I'll also post a pic of my bike so you know where the exhaust is going to end up.
Look forward to some feedback.
Aleks
View attachment 167925

second image nice

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
166 Posts
I ordered mine a week ago.Still haven't shipped,but they do mention 5 days to get it ready.
I'm also waiting for an MWR air filter and then going in for a tune and see what this puppy can do.
My mechanic will have a stage 1 and 2 filter to try which one works better and will also try some airbox mods.They 'll make it more like a case study as it's the first 2021 model they will tune.I'll definetely ask for some dynos during the tests to see the effect each parameter has.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I ordered mine a week ago.Still haven't shipped,but they do mention 5 days to get it ready.
I'm also waiting for an MWR air filter and then going in for a tune and see what this puppy can do.
My mechanic will have a stage 1 and 2 filter to try which one works better and will also try some airbox mods.They 'll make it more like a case study as it's the first 2021 model they will tune.I'll definetely ask for some dynos during the tests to see the effect each parameter has.
Can you share a link for the Mwr filter?
Cheers Aleks
Can you share a link for the filter please !?
Aleks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just been notified mine was shipped today and arriving on the 17th... Woohoo... 🏍💨📸💯

21 - 40 of 68 Posts