Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
187 Posts
I ordered mine a week ago.Still haven't shipped,but they do mention 5 days to get it ready.
I'm also waiting for an MWR air filter and then going in for a tune and see what this puppy can do.
My mechanic will have a stage 1 and 2 filter to try which one works better and will also try some airbox mods.They 'll make it more like a case study as it's the first 2021 model they will tune.I'll definetely ask for some dynos during the tests to see the effect each parameter has.

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
187 Posts
Nicely done!
All you owe us now is a vid!
I would recommend working it for some time with no buffler in order for the exhaust interior to intially burn evenly.

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
187 Posts
Just had mine tuned and dynoed with MWR high efficiency air filter (they tried the performance filter too but the other one was better) and the dominator exhaust.
Stock bike was 113hp at wheel.Just with the dominator exhaust it was 116hp.With addional air filter and flashed the final result was 120hp.
My numbers are pretty close and with what vcyclenut reports.
I'll upload the dynos next week because they forgot to send them today.
I got to ride it for some distance.
God the exhaust without baffler is annoyingly loud.I'll ride it a bit like that and then it's definitely baffler on.But yeah,it sounds amazing.
The bike pulls from down low more.2nd gear now wheelies as easy as the 1st gear previously.
The problem with the bike dying while starting from traffic lights seems to have been solved.
Traction engages a lot more now.
I'll have to ride it a bit more as I only rode it from the shop back home ,roughly 15kms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts