Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This maybe my 1st new bike in a VERY long time.

What are you guys getting for prices?

Bikes I have or have owned in the past:

Yamaha: SR500, SRX600, FJ1200, VMAX, SECA II, SECA 650, & FZ1.

Honda: VT500, HAWK GT, NIGHTHAWK S, VFR750 & 919.

Kawasaki: ZRX1100, ZR750, & ZR7S.

Suzuki: BANDIT 1200, SV650N (1st & 2nd Gen) & SV1000N.

& one Harley SUPERGLIDE.

I'm sure there are a few that have slipped my mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome PAULBIKER! I know the feeling (thinking about the bike) You have had quite a collection of bikes :) I owned a VMax as well. I loved it. Enjoy the forums man!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Congrats man! I put a deposit down on a Red one also, last Friday! Salesperson said that it would most likely be delivered to them week after next..........................

J/K............. :D Actually, I'm just kidding about week after next, but I really did put a deposit on a red one last Friday. Now the long wait begins. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Y'all are brave to be putting down a deposit on a bike you haven't even seen yet, let alone knowing the final spec out of it.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Lots and lots of pictures from different sources. I'm not sure what you are talking about the "final spec" out of it. All the specs. are published also, except maybe the MPG and I'm truly not to worried about that. Can you explain yourself further on the spec out thing.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Awesome Guys! Congrats about the deposits. I have been getting the "not sure how many we are going to be able to order/get" response from my dealers. Putting the deposit down early is the only way to ensure that you are going to actually get to swing your leg over it. I talked to one dealer that said all of his Yamaha Bolts sold out within 48 hours...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Awesome Guys! Congrats about the deposits. I have been getting the "not sure how many we are going to be able to order/get" response from my dealers. Putting the deposit down early is the only way to ensure that you are going to actually get to swing your leg over it. I talked to one dealer that said all of his Yamaha Bolts sold out within 48 hours...
Nick, if you're thinking about switching, I'll be happy to take the Triumph off your hands. I'll have to test drive it first, of course... :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
I cant wait to see one in person myself!! Just sucks for us in the north east because by the time the FZ-09 is out the riding season is almost over!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Nick, if you're thinking about switching, I'll be happy to take the Triumph off your hands. I'll have to test drive it first, of course... :rolleyes:
I will be more than willing to give you a little test ride if you pull that rear tire and get it patched for me!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once it showed up on the Motorcycle Ergos website, I was sold. I compare everything to the Honda 919. It fit me perfect. This has even less knee bend and forward lean. The Street Triple has way too much lean for my old body.

You really can't go wrong. $8K, 414 lbs, different power settings & a triple motor that puts out lots of really world power. My only concern is the 3.7 gallon fuel tank. I figure if you want to do a little touring, you could play with the "modes" a little bit and probably get 50+ MPG. To me 150+ mile range is not a deal breaker.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
The DorsoDuro that I just sold had a 3 gal. tank. If I rode it like I normally ride, it would come out to about 41 to 42 MPG. When I rode a little more of a "spirited pace", the low fuel light would turn on after 80 to 85 miles. I can't say that I liked that, but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker for me and you just learn how to plan your gas stops better or a bit more often. The new FZ is lighter than the D.D. and has a larger capacity tank also. I've not heard anything official, but I'd be surprised if the FZ wasn't in the lower to mid 40's on gas mileage. That would equate to a 120 to maybe 130 miles between gas stops and I am totally OK with that. When my wife and I did a two up Iron Butt ride a couple of years ago, we stopped every 120 to maybe 140 miles for a rest, fuel (if needed) and to just stretch and grab a snack. The ST1300 has a 7.7 gal tank on it, so trust me, stopping every 130 miles or so WASN'T mandatory. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that fueling at 120 miles or so is fine with me, but then again, I don't plan on using the FZ for long trips either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts