Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im in California, San Bernardino area, is there anybody can help me just to dial my forks, i've been messin up and its messed up now :mad:,
or the suspension shop around here, thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Are they stock forks?

tell us your weight and riding style and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction as far as adjusting them..Its rather simple.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used the settings on this:

Suggested Suspension Settings
FRONT: Spring preload—2 lines showing on adjuster; rebound damping—0.5 turn out from full stiff; ride height—0mm showing above top triple clamp
REAR: Spring preload—Position 5 of 7; rebound damping—1 turn out from full stiff

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

FRONT: Spring preload—2 lines showing on adjuster; rebound damping—0.5 turn out from full stiff; ride height—0mm showing above top triple clamp
REAR: Spring preload—Position 5 of 7; rebound damping—1 turn out from full stiff
IMG_5227.jpg
is it look like this?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

For the forks, I did the 2 lines showing and rebound damping 1/2 turns from full stiff. But where is the 0mm adjustment above triple clamp? Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
That's the amount of fork tube in extending past the top of the triple clamp.

His are, (mine as well) slid all the way down in the trippes.)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Wait. Is the same picture he OP posted, hahaha it didn't help the first time.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It looks that whoever assembled my FZ at the dealer did a good job.

This crop is from a picture the day I picked her up:

2015 FZ abc.jpg

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you're heavier than 170 pounds, I would max out the preload on those babies. It will suffice till ya get springs (or cartridges if you're loaded) haha

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Shoot for 35 - 38 mm of loaded sag. If you can't achieve that, it might be time to consider new springs.

Reactions: RickyNY

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If you're heavier than 170 pounds, I would max out the preload on those babies. It will suffice till ya get springs (or cartridges if you're loaded) haha
Yup got those adjusted, but I didn't max them out though, I left 2 lines showing and for dampening .5 turns from max. The rear shock is at setting 6 and dampening 1 turn from max. I'm taking her out for a spin tomorrow and see how that feels like.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I rode a couple hours yesterday and boy The Mechanized Banana felt much better with the fork adjustments, even though it needs a little more. I will crank them a little more today, maybe I will leave just one line showing. Will see how do that feels. The rear shock was perfect, won't be touching that.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You have one of the best suspension shops in California right there in your neighborhood in Redlands: Motorcycle Race Suspension - Lindemann Engineering

Ed is a great tuner and suspension guy and he is great at teaching you how to set things up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts