Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what everyone is doing in regards to locking the helmet to the bike when you go inside places. Iv seen a couple options online, but I'm just wondering what everyone on here considers the best method. I'm getting kinda tired of carrying my helmet everywhere I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought a locking caribiner on eBay for $8 . I use the passenger peg to hang the helmet and the caribiner to lock to the bungee loop there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I Use my 46l top case, it holds my full face helmet, pants, gloves and more. Not as sexy with the case but needed as a commuter.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
This what I have made, fixed to the front bolt that holds the side plastics on, when I'm in a bad part of town I use a cable through the chin piece for extra security.

The seat covers the hook and it can't be seen.

With the use of a strap to the pillion peg the helmet can stay in place when ridding if required.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does the seat sit flush when you're not hanging a helmet off of it?
You would never know the hook is there, seat fits as it should with or without the helmet.
There is another bolt near the rear that can be used but the seat is more flexable there and if they realy wanted your helmet they maybe able to pry it out from under the seat.
you could fit a hook to each side of the bike and still use the seat as normal.

Reactions: FZipper09 and afi1

·
Banned
739 Posts
Just got my FZ09 yesterday. I can't believe this bike has no helmet lock! WTF?! I understand Harley's not coming with a lock, but this bike?! I don't understand this at all.

·
Registered
730 Posts
There's a reason(s) Yamaha sells them for under 8 GS,$US. One is the suspension......

·
Registered
105 Posts
My $5500 SV had two helmet hooks under the rear seat that my g/f and I used every ride (when we stopped to go in the store, for a walk on the beach, park, etc etc. Thanks for posting OP, I will be doing this as well!

Any pics with the seat on my chance?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I bought a lock that has a hose clamp that connects it to the bike......I ditched the clamp and it fit perfect where the left hand side pass peg was just removed the peg delete bracket and installed the lock with the existing threaded hole...

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's a great freakin idea. My R6 used to have hooks like that under the seat. I'm surprised that the FZ09 doesn't have the same set up. I like your set up. Might have to fabricate one similar myself..... Nice work!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought a lock that has a hose clamp that connects it to the bike......I ditched the clamp and it fit perfect where the left hand side pass peg was just removed the peg delete bracket and installed the lock with the existing threaded hole...
I'm still working on mine but once they're perfected, I'm sure I can fab another set up for like 20 bucks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 82 Posts