Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just now thought of this and I haven't seen any information on it anywhere.

Does this bike have a helmet lock or two underneath the seat? Is there any kind of trunk/storage capacity whatsoever when you remove the seat??

Is it even meant to be removed quickly and easily like the rear seat on my SV650??

·
Registered
354 Posts
very easy to remove the seat turn the lock slide back and it is off as far as a helmet lock i will have to get back to you on that cause i have not needed one yet.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To the best of my knowledge, usually towards the rear of the "trunk", there's a couple of little metal bits that are kind of like hooks. You simply tie your helmet's chin strap around one of the hooks and the helmet rests against the side of the bike. You just put the seat back on and vwalla, your helmet is essentially "locked" onto the bike. Only way someone could steal it is if they cut the strap.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? That sucks!!
Every motorcycle in existence needs to have just a couple little hooks underneath the seat so you can lock your helmet!!

I imagine it is probably not all that difficult to fabricate something...

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
It's an easy part to make. There are a couple notches in the plastics that look like it was intended but never realized. To be honest, out of ALL the bikes I've owned (I've lost count), only my SV650's had helmet locks. Not a deal-breaker for me personally as I wear a Schuberth that has a ski-boot like ratcheting clasp that won't lock like a d-ring helmet. But I can see your point.

You can always move to a state without helmet laws...no one will steal your lid....

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen 70's model Honda's with helmet locks underneath the seat. I thought it was a standard thing.

I find it VERY useful, I would hate to have to walk around with my helmet if I want to take the bike somewhere where I am going to go inside or walk around!

Its certainly not a deal breaker. I guess I will just set my helmet down beside the bike or let it hang on the bars like some people. The day it gets stolen though I'll be pissed!

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would think there is something underneath the seat you could screw an "eye hook" into.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just shocked they're not there from the factory. It's so easy to just weld a couple little hooks under there...

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
I hear you. Such is the way with a budget-priced bike. Yami spent some serious money on the engine. Coupled with the new frame, tank, etc., cost had to come out somewhere in order to hit their price bogey. It's better they gave in on the suspension and little bits like this in place of the engine. These things are easily fixable. Pulling power out of a modern-engineered engine isn't as easy.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I went the simple route and bought a 6 foot coated cable combination lock for a bicycle a while back. When I got the FZ-09, it found a "home" in the empty cavity directly ahead of the battery and under the brace where the rear of the fuel tank attaches. The lock will secure my helmet and a jacket, if needed. Like most locks of it's type and price, it's meant to keep honest folks honest, as they say. ;-)

Reactions: ca1192trd

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm, smart

1 - 20 of 29 Posts