Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rainy season has started in Hawaii and when it rains, it pours and when it does I have a hard time seeing. I usually turn to the side and let the wind "clean/clear" the face shield so I can see. Is it feasible to put Rain X on the outside so it just runs off? Thoughts...

·
Registered
637 Posts
If it rains here I use the head turning thing as well - works best above 70mph. I also wear rubber (chemical handling) gloves and just wipe the rain off with those every now and then.

When I lived in England, I used a really small amount of soap smeared across the inside of the screen (with some water) to stop it from fogging up. The amount of soap you put on is critical - too much and it bubbles up and pops into your eyes - stings like hell - perhaps baby shampoo would have been a smarter move.

The helmet I have now came with a coating on the inside of the visor, so the first dark morning I drove to work when it was raining was scary. The coating made everything Super blurry, couldn't even see lane lines. Washed that off as soon as I got to work - back to the soap method. But seeing as this is Phoenix, rain really isn't an issue anymore.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Rich, you need to get a helmet with a pin lock visor...no more fogging...no more soap in your eyes :tears_of_joy:

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is going to sound crazy, but plege lemon works awesome.
I clean everything with it. It's like Plexus, but for cheapskates:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
As mentioned before, PINLOCK is amazing in this type of condition. Honestly, I leave my pinlock in year round. It never fogs and you can get hi vis colors as well. Too expensive, and I wish they were more durable, however, they work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts