Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I managed to blow the transmission out of my DL650 a couple days ago, which was my daily ride. I don't have the facilities or time to do an engine swap on it, so I plan on selling & using the money as a down payment on, you guessed it, a new bike. At the top of my list is, you guessed it again, the fz09. Will be hitting you guys up with some questions soon.

~Travis

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Travis.........Welcome to the forum and hopefully, you get your new FZ shortly. They are a lot of bike for the money and there is a lot of knowledge on this forum......so ask away, someone will probably be able to answer your question. Just do a search first, cause a lot of stuff here has been ask and answered and you can save yourself some time that way.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Some might even say you blew the transmission....on purpose! Bwhuaha

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CJ, you may be right, I have been thinking I may have just flogged it too hard on purpose. I have always been dissatisfied with the power on the DL650, and rode that thing wide open 50% of the time. Looks like the FZ09 just might be what I want in that department!

·
Registered
611 Posts
LOL. Well, If you are a WOT type of guy, then your commute to work is about to get a lot quicker. :cool:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Nothing beats a couple wheelies on the way to work- it's by far my favorite way to start the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts