Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a lurker here for a few weeks while researching what my next bike was going to be. I got a 2014 FZ09 today. Im in rural Tennessee, just saying hello and happy new year to everyone

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Congratulations :D

You're going to love the FZ, and being a member here ain't so bad either, lol

There are a few great guys from TN here too. They will introduce themselves in this thread tomorrow or very soon.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome River! :) Awesome choice in the FZ... is your username a Firefly reference? ...or perhaps something else?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum River and congrats on the new FZ09. I'm from TN also (18 miles from Deals Gap), but I won't be presumptuous enough to believe that I'm one of the good guys that Steve101 is talking about..........we'll just leave it at that! :cool:

Reactions: VERSYS8

·
Registered
857 Posts
Excellent, Enjoy! I live in Northern Alabama, I do most of my "fun riding" in TN, great roads and super nice people.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the FZ family! Cool name by the way.(if that's your real name) the most difficult thing for you to do now is trying to decide what mods you want to do first. Many choices. Have fun on the decisions. I know I do.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes, yes River is a firefly referance, and an online screename for a decade or so. Im in macon county, so about an hour northeast of nashville but thats about where the good roads start. I also have a first gen sv650 heavily modded to be a backroad scalpal so my plan for the FZ is more along the lines of something like an FJ09. The money saved by getting a 2014 has already gone to ordering framesliders, barkbusters, touring screen, and shad hard sidecases. Had to keep the other halfs approval so a corbin gunfighter and lady with backrest too. Now im broke again so will be researching here for future stuff. Dealership put swing arm spools and sliders on it and pinstripe taped the wheels. I added the hookup for my heated gear as soon as i got home. Everything else is ordered. At somebpoint i think i need an aftermarket or fj rear shock, the girlfriend and i are both not small, we excede the 390 weight capacity together

Side question, how do i start a new thread? Do i need a certain amount of posts to do so? The site started the introduce yourself thread by clicking on a link but i dont see a start new thread option. Best place to hide something from me is plain site so it could be me being selectively blind

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome to the forum River and congrats on the new FZ09. I'm from TN also (18 miles from Deals Gap), but I won't be presumptuous enough to believe that I'm one of the good guys that Steve101 is talking about..........we'll just leave it at that! :cool:
River, don't be fooled by this one. I was referring to a few others.:cool:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so is there a minimum post count before you can start a thread or am I just blind when it comes to finding the start thread button?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
so is there a minimum post count before you can start a thread or am I just blind when it comes to finding the start thread button?
You have to have made a minimum of 100 posts before being allowed to start your own thread. You're doing fine young man. Keep it up. :)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hello . I bought my blue diamond gusset jeans just by Nashville.
Hi River,

I buy my Jack Daniels that's made in Tennessee, that probably nowhere near close to you.

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new bike. Post some pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts