Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my liquid graphite fz-09 june 27th, what a great bike.

It had been over 4 years since the last time I rode. My last bike was a 07 fz-1 that I put over 41,000 miles on it..

I moved to east Tennessee about a year ago.

Last Monday was a beautiful day to ride the tail of the dragon. I was totally stoked and could not wait to get to the fun part because my riding was improving and I was not as nervous.

Then I got stupid and got a ticket on 129 by the lake on the way to the dragon, you would think that at 56 years old I would know better. That's not the kind of rider I want to be. Shame on me!

The fz-09 is great fun, I just need to learn to take it easy.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The bike tends to summon our inner hooligan! This is especially true of the genetically superior liquid graphite, aka "Alpha Dog." Fearing lawsuits, Yamaha rolled back the performance prior to releasing the other colors (the color names evade me at the moment). Welcome aboard, and check the age poll, you'd be surprised. I think the red ones are called "midlife crisis red!";)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Sucks about the ticket - That's one way to kill the day.

But rest assured, regardless of your pet names, had the OP been on a Rapid Red, Leo would have NEVER even seen him. Yes, they Are that fast :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
JOHN.......Are you serious......not many people with that name ya know! Glad to see you got signed up and are now posting on here. Sorry to hear about the ticket though...they tend to keep a watchful eye out in the area, along with the actual 11 miles or so of the Dragon. It was nice meeting you Sunday over at the Cherohala Market. We ended up doing almost 200 miles that day.

Welcome, and congrats on the new bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
The bike tends to summon our inner hooligan! This is especially true of the genetically superior liquid graphite, aka "Alpha Dog." Fearing lawsuits, Yamaha rolled back the performance prior to releasing the other colors (the color names evade me at the moment). Welcome aboard, and check the age poll, you'd be surprised. I think the red ones are called "midlife crisis red!";)
OK, we are going to settle this once and for all. All you have to do is LOGICALLY check out the names here.....
RAPID Red......R A P I D = SMOKIN FAST

Graph....ite! See what they did there? Graph = so slow that they have to monitor it's progress on GRAPH PAPER!

Orange...Orange you glad you didn't buy one! :eagerness:

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, it was a honor to meet you triple and mrs triple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts